RIP. Winston Heath

7 minutes ago, mike said:

very sad news

Winston was a long time member and a major contributor on here since the early days

One of the members who made this place, his profile page can be read here

@Winnie :-)

my deepest condolences to all his friends and family

rip Winston

Exactly my thoughts.

Shocked and saddened. 

Thoughts are with his family. R.I.P Winnie. 😞

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

Just heard the news on Facebook. Got to know Winnie on here over the years and had many a good natter and a laugh at Cleethorpes for the past few years.

He will be very sadly missed😪 Love to the family.

RIP sir:hatsoff2: 

Social source share

It's so sad to loose Winston, We all grew up on the scene together, Kempston Rovers, Wigan, Samanthas, Wirrina, De montforth Hall, St Ives, Yate, Kettering, etc etc, a true gentleman. Clever & articulate and a great loss to all who knew him and his family. It wont be quite the same again. X Andy

Edited by vynilhound
Social source share

One of our old guard is down!!
So saddened to hear the news you're no longer with us Winnie (aka Sinbad) 
It was an honour and a pleasure to share many a dance floor with you over the years and I'm sure there will now always be a space left for you at the front where legends rightly take their place. 
God bless soul bro, time to give the brogues a well deserved rest now xxx

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Both my son kevin and i are shocked and saddened by this very sad news. Someone else who has gone way too early.  I loved the way he had time for all the young newcomers my son included. Peace be with you Winnie and with all of your family and close friends.   

Kevin and Mick

Social source share

That's a shock 😮

Didn't know Winnie well & hadn't seen him for a number of years but always friendly & a likable guy.

Sad to hear this .............. Condolences to family

RIP Winnie

Edited by SHSDave
Social source share

Gutted.  When I first started going out and about in the late 90s I'd bump into Winnie often and like others have said, he was always taking newcomers to the scene under his wing and giving them a warm welcome.  I haven't been out beyond local nights for some time now but we'd keep in touch on social media and he always had time for everyone and was only a message away when you needed someone to chat to.  Rest Well Winnie.  

Social source share

Absolutely gutted ...but also proud to say that he was a friend...someone who stood by his convictions ...a well read intelligent man who held his own in various discussions...didnt suffer fools at all...however was also very respectful....the scene has lost one of its strongest supporters ...but the loss to some of us ...is stronger....RIP hun....xxxx

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Goldsoul said:

Terrible news. A supportive fan of the scene and good writer too. Will miss you pal. 

Rest in peace 

It is terrible news, which will hit lots of us hard.

I know Win was writing a book - It would have been a very good insight to our Scene.

Len.

Social source share

One of the nicest guys that you could be privileged to be friends with...he typified all that was good and should be about our music scene....I and a lot of folks will sadly miss this long time friend...RIP mate...respect

Social source share

So sad to hear this news today, Winston and I went back a long way, not only was he a top bloke, true soulie in every sense, he was well informed, articulate and knowledgeable, he was also a very good Snooker/pool player, we had many battles over the years,  R.I.P Winston,   A Yid through and through. !!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!