RIP. Winston Heath

I feel like I have lost a brother, so saddened by this news. One of the purest souls you could ever hope to have as a friend. 

You could always have a reasoned debate with Win, he had time for everyone, very diplomatic, articulate in his words, and had great empathy for the less fortunate. 

We shall all miss him dreadfully he enriched so many peoples lives. 

Carms (lollo) xx bless you Win RIP 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

xxx 😪

respect for your compassion, respect for your tolerance, respect for your written words and ethos, respect for your love of fine soul music, respect for the arguments we've had, respect for your presence in our lives, my, and many other people's worlds are a little dimmer today x

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Me and Sue only found out about this very sad news last night and it got us talking about one of the nicest genuine Soulies you could ever wish to meet. Always happy to meet up with Winnie at many a Nighter or Soul Night over many many years. Winnie and Panch were like the Batman and Robin of the Northern scene, all be it the Only Fools And Horses version as they were always together. The Bedford Soul Scene will not be the same from now on and Winnie will be missed by many people all over the country not just Bedford.

RIP Winston 

All our love and thoughts to the family.

Rob and Sue

• Up vote 2
Social source share

A really good and decent man whose articulate words of reason will be much missed in these troubled times . 

His death is a huge loss to the Soul scene , RIP Win .

My thoughts are with his family at this time

Manus 

Social source share

On 02/04/2019 at 04:21, Anais nin Carms said:

I feel like I have lost a brother, so saddened by this news. One of the purest souls you could ever hope to have as a friend. 

You could always have a reasoned debate with Win, he had time for everyone, very diplomatic, articulate in his words, and had great empathy for the less fortunate. 

We shall all miss him dreadfully he enriched so many peoples lives. 

Carms (lollo) xx bless you Win RIP 

Rip Winston.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Nothing I say will be any different to what others have said except to say this man was 100% a class act in every respect. 

I first met him at the Leighton buzzard RSG in the 80's and can honestly say not a bad word did I ever hear come from his mouth about others, not his style. 

He did once... Not so long ago give me a proper bollocking, which I had to just take as he was correct. That was it, needed to be said then forgotten. 

Infectious personality, 

Infectious smile, 

Loverly man. 

Goodnight Mr. Soul

R. I. P. 

Dazz

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

This is such sad sad news.

I always had a very soft spot for Winston .. he was kind, funny, had an enviable passion for his music and living life to the full ... coupled with a humility and warmth that brought him nothing but admiration and respect .. he was just a really cool guy

My deepest sympathies to his family and closest friends

R.I.P Sir

Andy

Edited by Andy Rix
Social source share

Really shocked when I learned on Facebook of Winnie's passing. First got to know him back in the days of KTF forum, These Old Shoes and the Brighton Sunday alldayers. Last saw him at Cleethorpes last year when we chatted and exchanged grandad experiences. Such a nice bloke and I think, fair to say, one of the most respected faces on the NS scene.

Deepest sympathies to all his family - R.I.P. Winston

Stubbsy

Social source share

Although we are truly saddened by Winston passing away, please respect the wishes of his family .

Perhaps time to give them space and time to come to terms ,as their latest post on Facebook is asking ,

I'm sure everyone means well.

Social source share

21 hours ago, mecca74 said:

Although we are truly saddened by Winston passing away, please respect the wishes of his family .

Perhaps time to give them space and time to come to terms ,as their latest post on Facebook is asking ,

I'm sure everyone means well.

I gather one of Winstons mega large family posted it, it got buried very quickly under the messages on facebook. Please dont stop posting on here, im sure it was not what mecca74 meant. The outpouring for Winston speaks for itself xxx

Edited by Smileys
more info gathered
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!