Jaco profile photo

srprs.me

Posted

Don’t know whether or not anybody else has heard of this website but it provides city breaks, the destination of which is unknown until a few hours before you are due to fly.

it work by you selecting a date and length of trip, 2, 3 or 4 days in Europe or 7 days for a worldwide trip. Pay the price on offer and then wait.

A week before travel you get weather forecasts to help with type of clothes to pack and two envelopes neither of which are to be opened if you want to maintain the surprise. One envelope contains boarding passes, the other is like a scratch card showing 4 discs which when scratched off reveal 4 numbers. The 4 numbers are entered into the website where a clock is ticking down. When the clock hits zero the destination is revealed.

I’ve done one trip to Europe with my other half - Prague was the destination and on 18th May will do a solo world trip. I need vaccines for the trip so I’ve received an envelope which I have taken to my GP who will now arrange for the appropriate ones.

This appeals to my sense of adventure but appreciate it’s not for everyone and it’s certainly aimed at a younger crowd.

My countdown clock as it currently stands.

1307DD75-DA7D-4845-8D4C-2F82F8963364.png

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jaco said:

Don’t know whether or not anybody else has heard of this website but it provides city breaks, the destination of which is unknown until a few hours before you are due to fly.

it work by you selecting a date and length of trip, 2, 3 or 4 days in Europe or 7 days for a worldwide trip. Pay the price on offer and then wait.

A week before travel you get weather forecasts to help with type of clothes to pack and two envelopes neither of which are to be opened if you want to maintain the surprise. One envelope contains boarding passes, the other is like a scratch card showing 4 discs which when scratched off reveal 4 numbers. The 4 numbers are entered into the website where a clock is ticking down. When the clock hits zero the destination is revealed.

I’ve done one trip to Europe with my other half - Prague was the destination and on 18th May will do a solo world trip. I need vaccines for the trip so I’ve received an envelope which I have taken to my GP who will now arrange for the appropriate ones.

This appeals to my sense of adventure but appreciate it’s not for everyone and it’s certainly aimed at a younger crowd.

My countdown clock as it currently stands.

1307DD75-DA7D-4845-8D4C-2F82F8963364.png

Nice one Mike.  How did the price of the Prague trip compare to something you could put together yourself?

Edited by Steve S 60

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Definitely dearer but I guess the differential is the cost of suspense which is there from the time of the booking. It’s a  Dutch website and they are very humouress in the communication throughout. Only ever seen one adverse report on the FB group but if you are prepared to give up total control to somebody to organise a trip you might have to factor in the prospect of it coming up short 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 06/04/2019 at 08:34, Jaco said:

The destination of which is unknown until a few hours before you are due to fly.  Prague was the destination and on 18th May.

Are you sure you shouldn't have said: The destination of which is unknown until a few hours before you are due to Czech in?

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

My trip with srprs.me with one day to go. Looks like I won’t be needing that jumper

A18F264D-CD4F-47C7-A000-744228BB27A6.png

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Jaco said:

My trip with srprs.me with one day to go. Looks like I won’t be needing that jumper

A18F264D-CD4F-47C7-A000-744228BB27A6.png

or very much else, maybe a parasol if the clouds part!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A friend of mine is living in Thaïland and he has to endure that kind of temperature.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
46 minutes ago, Philippe said:

A friend of mine is living in Thaïland and he has to endure that kind of temperature.

Happy to go there. Will find out in 19 or so hours

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Beware Jaco, it's really hot. And what's more, they use air conditionning at the coldest !

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Philippe said:

Beware Jaco, it's really hot. And what's more, they use air conditionning at the coldest !

Noted and appreciated.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Have a good one, wherever it is!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
55 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Have a good one, wherever it is!

Cheers!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I’m off to Hanoi. Well chuffed.

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jaco said:

Nice one Mike.  Tận hưởng chính mình.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 18/05/2019 at 11:53, Jaco said:

So what's the verdict, Mike?  Would you recommend the experience?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'd probably get rhyl knowing my luck !!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
57 minutes ago, steviehay said:

I'd probably get rhyl knowing my luck !!

Or Liverpool.  With my luck 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Or Liverpool.  With my luck 

....including a complimentary Anfield tour.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

We were there about 5 years ago. Fabulous city, sights and food. Well recommended. Must do Halong Bay not far away. I would definitely do a 2 night cruise as it's a magical experience. The tunnels are great ( can't remember their exact name) and the war museum is interesting, although I had to walk out of the 'agent orange' room with all the deformed foetuses with a tear in my eye.

Watch out for the scooters/ motorbikes.

Temple bar has fantastic food as has the Press Club ( behind the Metropole Hotel)

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 26/06/2019 at 14:36, Steve S 60 said:

Steve,

I would recommend the experience of booking a trip with srprs.me, if the surprise element is what people are looking for.

As to Hanoi - it's a crazy place - so busy, noisy, dirty ( but charming at the same time) and the people as so friendly. I think it's a place to spend 2 or 3 days there, passing through. It's a backpacker's place although Halong Bay, which I didn't go to, is stunning and would please anybody of any age.

Food was great, even for a veggie like me and the places to see were of real interest. 

Definitely not disappointed in the choice of destination.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.