Colnago

CD Only tracks that you love .

Posted (edited)

The cd was released to raise funds for Don to pay his medical bills , it includes various artists from all genres who appreciated his talents as a composer and singer, nice to see that they don’t always go unrecognised! Ps sorry if a thread exists for this topic , if it does I couldn’t find it . 

Edited by Colnago

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Wilson Pickett , ‘it ain’t easy ‘ off the ‘it’s harder now ‘ cd album .Thoughts go out to Rick foster, anglo  American records,   ( r.i.p)who bloody loved this tune ! 

Edited by Colnago

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
13 hours ago, Colnago said:

Wilson Pickett , ‘it ain’t easy ‘ off the ‘it’s harder now ‘ cd album .Thoughts go out to Rick foster, anglo  American records,   ( r.i.p)who bloody loved this tune ! 

It's a great song. Loved it every since the first time I heard it.

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Another belter from the same cd album , I do think if albums like these were on vinyl they would have received a lot more attention! Alas that were the times we were in . 

Edited by Colnago

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Great dancer from Elbowed Out - All Men Don't Love The Same - from Soul Junction CD 'Everybody Get Up'. 

Worth buying the CD can't find clip on the Internet. 

Edited by John Siret

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
On 12/04/2019 at 18:45, Colnago said:

I bought this  cd album for this track of Don covay covers 

Terrific Womack track, never heard / seen this CD.

I've also never seen this track elsewhere - sorry if that's not correct. Jimmy Cliff, Soulmate. On the Higher and Higher CD from 1996:

Love the title, lyric, sound and dance vibe.

Edited by seano
Requested to remove repeated video clips that are already in the thread.

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Great track , all great posts , keep em coming folks ! Appreciated.ps if we can put a bit of info with album titles etc that’d be cool , seano, I’ll do that with the bobby Womack cd . ( post some details up , just need to dig it out as the details aren’t on you tube ) . 

Edited by Colnago

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Please can everyone remove the embedded videos in replies because they are causing pages to load so slowly or crash.

Edit: Just done a reload on the page, 37 seconds, and for some on lesser devices it will likely extend to over a minute. Can anyone who has posted a repeated embedded video in a reply please go back and remove it from the post because trust me the page will load in minimal time if everyone adheres to this. Just make a reference ot the track in text if necessary. Thanks, Martin

Edited by Martin S

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Best LPs that never made it to vinyl from my collection would have to be these two:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Shut-It-The-Music-Of-The-Sweeney/master/154996 Some of this is mind blowing

https://www.discogs.com/Steely-Dan-Two-Against-Nature/master/17120

Couple of vocal house favourites likewise:

Central Living - Inside [Released Jan 2003] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jemBFalUwEs

Badmarsh & Shri - Day By Day Axus Re-Rub [Released June 2002] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1fk5Zz3fM

And for the purists among you:

Edited by Martin S

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
36 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Off the aforementioned cd album in a previous post ‘ pay the bills ‘ cool as ...

Good one! I have had this CD on my hands in Discos Castelló in Barcelona the same year that was published (around 93 - 94 ?) but I have had a serious doubt about buy it or not as the "Hertbreaker" CD, the previous album, deceived me a lot (except the vocals on "Trouble"). I miss their classic years on PIR with those strings and horns arrangements, those great albums from the first "In Philadelphia" to the last "Let Me Touch You".

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
35 minutes ago, josep manuel concernau robles said:

Good one! I have had this CD on my hands in Discos Castelló in Barcelona the same year that was published (around 93 - 94 ?) but I have had a serious doubt about buy it or not as the "Hertbreaker" CD, the previous album, deceived me a lot (except the vocals on "Trouble"). I miss their classic years on PIR with those strings and horns arrangements, those great albums from the first "In Philadelphia" to the last "Let Me Touch You".

Josep , I know what you mean, when a group have put out as much material as the ojays you’re more than likely to hit a patch that might not float your boat , but the ‘ love you to tears ‘ cd album is great imo. By the way it’s 1997 production. 

Edited by Colnago

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with the Source Forums

Join in with the discussion

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get the most out of Soul Source

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.