tomangoes

Interesting momentos from your travels

17 minutes ago, Scootboy said:

This one is mine 😎

DSC04148.JPG

Nice one , I do like to see a dell’orto sticking out of the panel , I had a tuned up rb 200 24.8 Hp sweet as pie , only trouble was it drank more than my Audi A3 turbo , and that was petrol !! 😳

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
8 hours ago, Scootboy said:

This one is mine 😎

DSC04148.JPG

i know the thread has lost its way slighly....but when you "kicked this over" did you have to hold your hand over the 'del' to start it up?

Edited by Kenb
spelling

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

No need to use hand

MK1 Amal has no choke mechanism,it uses a cable controlled air valve  (lever is underneath the airscoop)

This air valve is inside the slide.

When cold starting,I use the lever to lower the air valve,blocking the air flow and making the mixture richer,

when the engine gets warmer,I lift the air valve.

Instead of enriching the mixture (choke mechanism) it blocks the air,to make the mixture richer.

The carb has a tickler on the left hand side,by pressing the tickler,the fuel level rises and makes the mixture richer.

The way that I cold start,fuel lever on,,lower air valve,use the tickler to overflow,lean lammy on the left,closed throttle,kickstart,

this way it is an easy starter

20181216_203058.jpg

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with the Source Forums

Join in with the discussion

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get the most out of Soul Source

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.