Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Guest Shufflin

Best or Rarest new Release 45's of last 5 years??

Guest Shufflin

We are in a period of fantastic new 45 releases imo, which will be appreciated in years to come if not now, I'll start this off with the killer 45 from 2015, only 2 left on discogs and surely soon to be an auction record, so what are your picks from recent times?

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

By rarest do you mean most expensive? Grace Love is no rarer than most other new releases and its on an Lp as well, every other track on the Lp is better as well.  Demand seems to be easing off too and prices dropping in set sales?

Edited by Chalky

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
10 minutes ago, Chalky said:

By rarest do you mean most expensive? Grace Love is no rarer than most other new releases and its on an Lp as well, every other track on the Lp is better as well.  Demand seems to be easing off too and prices dropping in set sales?

Chalky this is a discussion about 45's not LP's, name a better / rarer 45 released in last years from your collection?

"Grace Love is no rarer than most other new releases" - you do realise how many Grace Love 45's were pressed originally?

wow

 

Edited by Shufflin
can't spell realise

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
38 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

Chalky this is a discussion about 45's not LP's, name a better / rarer 45 released in last years from your collection?

"Grace Love is no rarer than most other new releases" - you do realise how many Grace Love 45's were pressed originally?

wow

 

At least 300 of Grace which is just not very good  

 El Counts Executives on Cannonball, far superior.  There are dozens in my collection far better than Grace. It is only NS scene demand that has forced the price up.

 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

There's a lot of new stuff that I've really enjoyed over the last few years..labels such as Hope Street,Big Crown and Record Kicks etcetera along with loads of more left field sounding, independently produced music.

I've been caning the new Lee Fields & The Expressions lp 'It Rains Love' which is out now on Big Crown...a very nice record in my opinion.

Full album on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/DqEAx0xLVHA

 

This is a  record that I keep coming back to..its not rare,but its a newer release that's gotten a bit of love from the people over the last few years that I've  played it for. 

Released in 2013..hope im not breaking the rules,hehe..

Nice thread,will post more as it progresses! 

 

 

 A few copies on Discogs 

https://www.discogs.com/Zillanova-Suicide-The-Time-It-Takes/release/4806077

Edited by Soulsides
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

 

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 minute ago, The Tempest said:

 

A fav of mine ...

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Gateway - Show Is Over

25 copies only, I was lucky enough to get one

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Shufflin said:

We are in a period of fantastic new 45 releases imo, which will be appreciated in years to come if not now, I'll start this off with the killer 45 from 2015, only 2 left on discogs and surely soon to be an auction record, so what are your picks from recent times?

 

I was also bandcamp lucky,

just uploaded this

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
1 minute ago, Scootboy said:

I was also bandcamp lucky,

just uploaded this

 

fab mate, prefer that side too 🙂

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
3 minutes ago, Scootboy said:

I was also bandcamp lucky,

just uploaded this

 

Far better than the other side. Its also a pretty good Lp and Fire is one of the weakest on it IMO, its just not very good, just suitable for the northern scene dance floors. Repetitive and boring. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

i don't know if this qualifies as new(new)....(i know it's the extended backing track of The Capitols' 'Don't say maybe baby'), it certainly qualifies by date 2017. and i like it, and have it.

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
5 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Gateway - Show Is Over

25 copies only, I was lucky enough to get one

 

nice one

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Personally, I think there are a lot of misconceptions about new releases.  Generally speaking most new releases are pressed in quantities between 250 - 500 copies, so in the grand scheme of things and the size of the market this amount of records in initial circulation mean that these releases aren't rare.  As some of these releases are currently in high demand and people want them means the price goes up and has little to do with actual rarity.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

This one,is not expensive (yet) to get but on the same time it is also not easy to find,

both sides are great,

made for Feel Good Everyday 😉

 

 

nc.jpg

Edited by Scootboy
have a nice day
  • Up vote 2
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
1 minute ago, John Reed said:

Personally, I think there are a lot of misconceptions about new releases.  Generally speaking most new releases are pressed in quantities between 250 - 500 copies, so in the grand scheme of things and the size of the market this amount of records in initial circulation mean that these releases aren't rare.  As some of these releases are currently in high demand and people want them means the price goes up and has little to do with actual rarity.

that's BS in the sense that the market spans from Japan to EU to UK to US - 300-500 copies in that context is rare, look at the fuss over recent release 45's like this one

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin

20 copy hand stamped pre-release promos, low rider soul, couple on discogs

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Spain pete

All good guys keep on buying cause l am sure on listening 🎶🎶👍

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

At least 300 of Grace which is just not very good

chalky the first press was 100 copies, it's genuinely rare in first press format

"ships out within 5 days, edition of 100"

any way this thread was not about one record, sorry if I came across that way, it's about all the great records released in last few years

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Never been a big fan of rarity it’s all about quality. 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
2 minutes ago, philb said:

Never been a big fan of rarity it’s all about quality. 

agree Phil post an example

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
31 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

agree Phil post an example

 

  • Up vote 5

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

I guess the Diggin’ Deep 45s qualify . Ltd press . Selling out as pre releases . If any subsequently come up for resale on here , they’ll fly due to demand from those who missed out .

https://www.diggin-deep.com/

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Personally many of these retro soul efforts already sound stale and formulaic, it's like acid jazz all over again. 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Last five years

 

 

 

kent.jpg

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
16 hours ago, Shufflin said:

that's BS in the sense that the market spans from Japan to EU to UK to US - 300-500 copies in that context is rare, look at the fuss over recent release 45's like this one

 

But most were happy with the download, same for other releases, its just this scene that is more concerned with vinyl and it is the northern soul lot driving the prices stupid. The record that started this topic isn’t very good, hardly anyone outside the northern scene is interested in it, certainly not at the prices quoted  

Just enjoy the music whatever the format.  

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Sandy Barber ‘I think I’ll do some stepping (on my own)’ . Opolopo rework . 

Modern , superb imo , but certainly not as expensive as some elusive & desirable ‘northern’. 

https://www.discogs.com/Sandy-Barber-I-Think-Ill-Do-Some-Stepping-On-My-Own-Opolopo-Rework/release/11171422

Seems 10 done as promos  by BBE in 2015 . (Although 20 quoted elsewhere ). 

Understand Mark Randle has one ,  one in Australia , a lucky purchaser commenting on Discogs plus mine . Only other I’ve ever seen for sale was on Darren Brown’s auction site and £400 seems to ring a bell . No idea where others are as other owners don’t seem to play them out ?

Edited by andybellwood
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

The record that started this topic isn’t very good

Got to respectfully disagree with you there im afraid...I'd heard about this particular record but had never listened to it until yesterday..I thought it was a great little tune tbh and the b sides a belter too!  

 

Another one from me.. the late, great Charles Bradley.

 

https://www.discogs.com/Charles-Bradley-Changes-Aint-It-A-Sin/release/5144350

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
43 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Got to respectfully disagree with you there im afraid...I'd heard about this particular record but had never listened to it until yesterday..I thought it was a great little tune tbh and the b sides a belter too!  

 

Another one from me.. the late, great Charles Bradley.

 

https://www.discogs.com/Charles-Bradley-Changes-Aint-It-A-Sin/release/5144350

There are excellent exceptions of course! 😁

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin

one from 2017, from the Wick subsidiary of Daptone (it's meant to be a rock record label but they managed to release a nice blue eyed soul track)

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
3 hours ago, andybellwood said:

Sandy Barber ‘I think I’ll do some stepping (on my own)’ . Opolopo rework . 

Modern , superb imo , but certainly not as expensive as some elusive & desirable ‘northern’. 

https://www.discogs.com/Sandy-Barber-I-Think-Ill-Do-Some-Stepping-On-My-Own-Opolopo-Rework/release/11171422

Seems 10 done as promos  by BBE in 2015 . (Although 20 quoted elsewhere ). 

Understand Mark Randle has one ,  one in Australia , a lucky purchaser commenting on Discogs plus mine . Only other I’ve ever seen for sale was on Darren Brown’s auction site and £400 seems to ring a bell . No idea where others are as other owners don’t seem to play them out ?

Love it ,great rework 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
5 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

one from 2017, from the Wick subsidiary of Daptone (it's meant to be a rock record label but they managed to release a nice blue eyed soul track)

 

Didn’t they just . Hits the mark for me every time and still in the play box . 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

I think this is excellent , and the flip “ Lost Without You “ .

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

I know i'm breaking the rules...but i ahev this from 2015. all the tracks are bob-on.

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

superb IMO ...

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
7 minutes ago, Kenb said:

I know i'm breaking the rules...but i ahev this from 2015. all the tracks are bob-on

that's really good, new to me what a cracking version of the classic

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
10 minutes ago, Kenb said:

I know i'm breaking the rules...but i ahev this from 2015. all the tracks are bob-on.

 

She did a great 45 “ All This Time “ a while back ,great video also ...

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Staying at the Daptone neighborhood, 

one of the most underrated songs from the last years,

it deserves to become huge

 

 

 

ss.jpg

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
26 minutes ago, Kenb said:

I know i'm breaking the rules...but i ahev this from 2015. all the tracks are bob-on.

 

Dynamite 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
18 minutes ago, Eddie Hubbard said:

She did a great 45 “ All This Time “ a while back ,great video also ...

Yes . Fab 2005 release on Melting Pot . Remember championing it on release and still sounds great . One for a revival ? 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
10 minutes ago, andybellwood said:

Yes . Fab 2005 release on Melting Pot . Remember championing it on release and still sounds great . One for a revival ? 

 

And in a similar vein , from 2010 , Jo Stance ‘hey girl’ . Lucky to get an early copy of this one and played it as an unknown at Blackpool Tower on the walkway. Immediate dance floor reaction and applause .  Then as a request from many,  played it again as final record to another rapturous applause ...

 

Edited by andybellwood
  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Petition time 🙂

Two more great songs that I'm waiting for a future 7" release,

same band, different albums,

Some months ago, I said the same thing for Do Something and Never Loved You More and my wishes came true,

well, keep on dreaming...

 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin

probably my fav new 45 of 2017, was later picked up for release on CD by Expansion records

 

Edited by Shufflin

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Rarest Vanguards Release on LAMP #86
    Record Sales by FunkySweet on Sun 22 Sep 2019
    • 1 / 374
    • FunkySweet on 22 Sep 2019
  2. VANGUARDS RAREST LAMP RELEASE #86
    Record Sales by FunkySweet on Sun 10 Nov 2019
    • 1 / 404
    • FunkySweet on 10 Nov 2019
  3. rarest swan records release
    Look At Your Box by Russoul1 on Thu 20 Feb 2020
    • 4 / 445
    • Keamus on 20 Feb 2020
  4. 60´s Female Rnb Belter , Her Rarest And Best , Listen , Free Shipping
    Record Sales by Soulgirl85 on Sat 12 Jun 2010
    • 2 / 507
    • soulgirl85 on 12 Jun 2010
  5. Pure Release "i'll Know It's Love" (Release 45)
    Record Wants by valuedot on Wed 20 Nov 2013
    • 1 / 1044
    • valuedot on 20 Nov 2013

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.