Best or Rarest new Release 45's of last 5 years??

Guest Shufflin

Last post for today,

in fact I should better stay away a few days from this topic because I just found out some wonderful new sounds,

that will cost me a lot of money 😉

Luckily, I managed to get the following one really cheap, a fiver if I remember correctly, it has started to grow in value lately

sl.jpg

Edited by Scootboy
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 72
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

On 24/04/2019 at 14:14, andybellwood said:

Sandy Barber ‘I think I’ll do some stepping (on my own)’ . Opolopo rework . 

Modern , superb imo , but certainly not as expensive as some elusive & desirable ‘northern’. 

https://www.discogs.com/Sandy-Barber-I-Think-Ill-Do-Some-Stepping-On-My-Own-Opolopo-Rework/release/11171422

Seems 10 done as promos  by BBE in 2015 . (Although 20 quoted elsewhere ). 

Understand Mark Randle has one ,  one in Australia , a lucky purchaser commenting on Discogs plus mine . Only other I’ve ever seen for sale was on Darren Brown’s auction site and £400 seems to ring a bell . No idea where others are as other owners don’t seem to play them out ?

I've got one as well.Also know someone else who's got it.

Social source share

I think this a great is a great thread. The past five years plus have seen some really fine releases from the USA. Colemine has a fine groove going with the likes of  Durand Jones and Kelly Finnigan whilst there is some great retro Chicano /Chicana releases at the moment from the likes of Trish Toledo (check her cover of The Vanguards 'Somebody Please' and Thee Lakesides 'Parachute' is a blast.

Two favourites 45s of mine are these little beauties from 2012 by The Jack Moves  and from 2016  a Colemine release by Geno Washington.

Edited by Firecrest
missing information.
  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shufflin

new soulful garage, has a good beat to it, nice grooves and hooks

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
4 minutes ago, Scootboy said:

The b-side ain't bad either

it's a great sound; the live version of the A side on YT is an authentic soul performance 🙂

Social source share

52 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

new soulful garage, has a good beat to it, nice grooves and hooks

Is it only me who feels that the sitar riff at the second minute, sounds like She's Lost Control from Joy Division? 

The really amazing live performance of Dance with My Baby plus Don't Blame Me ( second song of the clip, edited to start at the beginning of the song)  

Edited by Scootboy
added videos and words
Social source share

Agree with original post. Like some of these new releases as a genre in and of themself. Some are a bit contrived others are great, Couldn't give a toss if someone on here thinks they are not 'authentic ' northern soul. How dreary.🙄

Edited by JoeSoap
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 years later...

Fantastic thread. I'm really enjoying it and compiling a list of tracks to hear again. Actually saw New Colour  who Scootboy recommends , in Bologna, a few years back. They were really good with a top quality lead singer.

I'd like to highlight a couple of Chicano / Chicana 45's . It's a golden time for Latin ballads many of them produced in California by Joey Quinones. Two firme rollas as they say in Sussex.

Edited by Dukeburgundy
spelling
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

On 22/05/2019 at 21:33, Scootboy said:

Is it only me who feels that the sitar riff at the second minute, sounds like She's Lost Control from Joy Division? 

The really amazing live performance of Dance with My Baby plus Don't Blame Me ( second song of the clip, edited to start at the beginning of the song)  

Wow, she is well cool this singer... I could watch her sing all day 🙂I like really this, it would be great to see these bands live wouldn't it...

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!