Source News's profile photo

News: The O'Jays - The Last Word -The Last Album

All About the SOUL Source News

Posted
News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Last Friday saw the release of a new album from The O'Jays, titled 'The Last One' this album was announced last year as both their first for 15 years but also as their last one ever. Read and listen via the link below

View full article

• Up vote 4

A Soul Source account used  for posting content such as news etc in various features
eg

Soul Source Magazine feature

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

i really enjoyed this new and final album. The songs, production and deliver are spot on. The lyrics are still considering life today. A short but fitting final album. Start Stoppin' has the classic UK appreciated style. 

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted
12 hours ago, ThinkSmart said:

i really enjoyed this new and final album. The songs, production and deliver are spot on. The lyrics are still considering life today. A short but fitting final album. Start Stoppin' has the classic UK appreciated style. 

yep agree with that, been a repeat play on google play here... 

soul source url
Posted
17 hours ago, ThinkSmart said:

Start Stoppin' has the classic UK appreciated style

how good is that? crackin' track

soul source url
Posted

I stopped buying O'Jays albums after "Heartbreaker". Despite the fact the track "Trouble" sounds good I miss the big band sound and the special mixture of rock, soul and gospel  we can appreciate on "Ship Ahoy" and "Survival" classic PIR albums. The samples I have hear by this last album do not convinced me, I admit the sound is more "organic", with real instruments, I appreciate the social concerned lyrics, but is not enough for a symphonic - big band soul funk lover as I am… Perhaps when I can hear some tracks more times and the entire length of every one...

• Up vote 2

soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.