• Replies 15
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

Hi A, what numbers are in the dead wax???

There are 2 versions on Gold Token GT101 and ET101.

Think the GT is a demo and ET issue

Tony

Dunno about the deadwax, havn't got it yet, but label says GT100

Isn't there a difference in production as well? Pete Smith can answer this, he mentioned it a while ago...post-1355-1167248973_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Yeah basically I was playing a copy and I thought it sounded different, so I had a proper listen and it was more like a remix, the strings were much further up in the mix and it was a slightly different vocal. Actually nobody believed me to start with but if you play the two together you can hear the differences.

Social source share

Yeah basically I was playing a copy and I thought it sounded different, so I had a proper listen and it was more like a remix, the strings were much further up in the mix and it was a slightly different vocal. Actually nobody believed me to start with but if you play the two together you can hear the differences.

I believed you, the other Tony Smith in London had the different mix some years ago,think it was a "These Old Shoes" where he showed me his copy.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

feminine ingenuity ("more well known" mix) - ruby - gold token

12971 refosoul

Certainly sounds a different mix,more muffled, not as 'crisp' unless it's your recording Ted. Altho the vocal styling sounds different in places too. Either way, still one of the finest female vocals ever put on record!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I was allways worrid about getting the ET copy for its brash sound in the mid band.

Got a copy of Mike Vega who said all his copies came from a guy who died in the 70ts and only had promos.

Bass guitar mix with Decieved being 2 seconds shorter and feminine being 2 seconds longer.

Its no boot, Keith Money has had his GT 101 copie for 10 years.

Turning up the treble there's not so much difference.

Edited by Prophonics 2026
Social source share

feminine ingenuity ("more well known" mix) - ruby - gold token

12971 refosoul

Certainly sounds a different mix,more muffled, not as 'crisp' unless it's your recording Ted. Altho the vocal styling sounds different in places too. Either way, still one of the finest female vocals ever put on record!

Might be my recording but you do need to put treble on it. I would not like to play it out to often as the styrene is really crap

Social source share

I was allways worrid about getting the ET copy for its brash sound in the mid band.

Got a copy of Mike Vega who said all his copies came from a guy who died in the 70ts and only had promos.

Bass guitar mix with Decieved being 2 seconds shorter and feminine being 2 seconds longer.

Its no boot, Keith Money has had his GT 101 copie for 10 years.

Turning up the treble there's not so much difference.

:thumbsup: Mike VEGA? Another 4 letter name given to me.... :wicked:

Social source share