News: Soul Source Ebay Auction Highs - April 2019

51 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

How long has the Fidels not been a £25 cheapie?

Ed

For at least over 15 years for a mint copy!

I think about £150 is a fair price today!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

53 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

How long has the Fidels not been a £25 cheapie?

Ed

Edited by Guest
Social source share

26 minutes ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

I'm truly staggered by some of these prices.

If Ebay went back to the old days when you knew who was bidding, do you think the sellers would get these prices ?  Anonymity gives bidders more freedom to get silly without their mates calling them out on the price they payed.😯

Weak pound doesn't help 

Social source share

We are drinking in the last chance saloon. If you don’t smash and grab the classics now, you ain’t gonna ever own them. Any aspiring DJ needs two dozen of these titles so it makes sense to splash the cash. I deeply regret not buying some of them when they were cheaper but sure ain’t paying thousands for records I can get by without.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
11 hours ago, Philb said:

Christ, Barbara Lynn has gone through the roof.

paid a tenner for it, maybe memories of the Fleetwood gig (which was amazing) is driving the price god knows, especially suprising given its been re-issued recently

Social source share

10 hours ago, Mal C said:

So assuming 736 is allot what’s the actual going rate? 

I don't think it's a lot these days, mate. Anything decent is going for more and more. Love Addict went for £850 - people were moaning when one got sold for £600 a few weeks back. 

Remember we have a weak pound too, so the prices are skewed a bit due to that. 

Social source share

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:23, illusive said:

Sold a Soul Majestics for £35 couple of years back. I feel sick 😭😭😭

Soul Majestics is just unbelievable. I had a pile of these from Mooerer some years ago for about 4 or 6 dollars a pop and was knocking them out at 20 quid.  I had both 45's at the time as part of the lot, not realising one was rarer than the other🙄

Edited by Billy Jo Jim Bob
Social source share

I'll never own Queen Of My Universe by Infinity now. £300 in my Manship book. One of my favourite records, feel a bit depressed, how silly.

Bearing in mind how Moving On A Groove went for, I've got a British issue, how much might that go for?

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/05/2019 at 13:47, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

Soul Majestics is just unbelievable. I had a pile of these from Mooerer some years ago for about 4 or 6 dollars a pop and was knocking them out at 20 quid.  I had both 45's at the time as part of the lot, not realising one was rarer than the other🙄

Used to be in every sales box in the 80s and 90s, both labels, 100s of em. 

Social source share

On 01/05/2019 at 19:28, Frankie Crocker said:

We are drinking in the last chance saloon. If you don’t smash and grab the classics now, you ain’t gonna ever own them. Any aspiring DJ needs two dozen of these titles so it makes sense to splash the cash. I deeply regret not buying some of them when they were cheaper but sure ain’t paying thousands for records I can get by without.

I think the opposite for any aspiring Dj, grow a pair and use some imagination.  You are highly unlikely to get on the treadmill at the top end with all the cheque book Djs about, seek out some of the lesser played stuff.

I mean lets face it the only reason many of these records are the price they are is because of so many chasing them in the hope they will get £50 Dj money at the dog and duck, vastly over priced and rarely anything to do with rarity.  

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

I think the opposite for any aspiring Dj, grow a pair and use some imagination.  You are highly unlikely to get on the treadmill at the top end with all the cheque book Djs about, seek out some of the lesser played stuff.

I mean lets face it the only reason many of these records are the price they are is because of so many chasing them in the hope they will get £50 Dj money at the dog and duck, vastly over priced and rarely anyth8ng to do with rarity.  

Totally agree with those sentiments. Just a case in point though. Because of the "play originals only" tag that has been self created, this also surely has added to this problem. After all there is always 2 sides to every coin :)

Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Totally agree with those sentiments. Just a case in point though. Because of the "play originals only" tag that has been self created, this also surely has added to this problem. After all there is always 2 sides to every coin :)

Dunno why as there are 1000s of originals not 200 as some seem to think. 

There are also plenty of Djs with these so called classic biggies so why the need to compete or add to the count?  Are people so incapable of creating something by themselves and not follow the flock.  Be the shepherd not the 🐑 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!