San Fransisco Tkos - Make Up Your Mind

Guest AudraT

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You only have to listen to the lyrics -"is it me or Jane" to find out it's a woman..

Yes, but couldn't it be a bloke singing about his girlfriend who prefers woman?

Sorry, I'm trying to prove Martin (husband) wrong, who is always right - it just sounds like a man singing to me.

x

Social source share

Sorry, I'm trying to prove Martin (husband) wrong, who is always right - it just sounds like a man singing to me.

x

Me too,man

Social source share

x

WOMAN !!!!!!!!!! DOROTHY MORRISON ..MARRIED TO 'HARD-HITTING..HERM HENRY' CHECK OUT WEBSITE

https://www.ubiquityrecords.com/herm_henry.html

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

x

I think post #4 sort of lays that to rest mate to be fair.

Thing is we debated this very topic on here some time back. Complete with our man Chalky (and he know's a thing or two our Chalk) posting up pics of the band minus any kind of female presence. However on that particular track the lead is a woman. Strange sounding chick I grant you. But a woman all the same.

Social source share

I think post #4 sort of lays that to rest mate to be fair.

Thing is we debated this very topic on here some time back. Complete with our man Chalky (and he know's a thing or two our Chalk) posting up pics of the band minus any kind of female presence. However on that particular track the lead is a woman. Strange sounding chick I grant you. But a woman all the same.

pics on herm henrys' website clearly show dorothy morrison with Sanfrancisco TKOs
Social source share

pics on herm henrys' website clearly show dorothy morrison with Sanfrancisco TKOs

thumbsup.gif

One other thing though. Sort of thought they were 'Sanfranciscan TKO's'. Whether the band were actually called that or Sanfrancisco, I'm not sure. Probably the latter. However how was MUYM released on Kent? Pete had a scan of this while back in look at your box. Pikey also (see below).

Here's my playlist for Friday night...

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember - Duke

Margie Joseph - One More Chance - Volt WD

Rock Candy - Alone With No Love - Dontee

Patti Jo - Make Me Believe In You - Wand

Al Mason - Good Lovin - Fynal Vynal

Tavasco - Love Is Trying To Get A Hold Of Me - Rampart DJ

Harvey Mason - Pack Up Your Bags - Arista

C.P Love - Never Been In Love Before - Chimneyvile

George McCrae - Take It All Off - UA promo

Sebastian Williams - Get Your Point Over - Ovide

Nancy Wilson - Ocean Of Love - Capitol

Eddie Billups - Shake Off That Dream - Garpax WD

Bill Brandon - Streets Got My Lady - Piedmont

Tom Green - Endless Confusion - Action UK

Margie Joseph - I Can't Move No Mountains - Atlantic DJ

Betty Lavette - Stormy - TCA

Patti Drew - He's The One - Capitol Promo

Baby Washington - Don't Let Me Lose This Dream - Cotillion WD

San Franciscan TKO's - Make Up Your Mind - Kent UK

Sherrell Brothers - The Price - Currison

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young - Seventy Seven

Electrifying Cashmeres - What Does It Take - Sound Stage 7 promo

Nicole Willis - If This Ain't Love - Timmion

Pointer Sisters - Send Him Back - Atlantic promo

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

thumbsup.gif

One other thing though. Sort of thought they were 'Sanfranciscan TKO's'. Whether the band were actually called that or Sanfrancisco, I'm not sure. Probably the latter. However how was MUYM released on Kent? Pete had a scan of this while back in look at your box. Pikey also (see below).

...i guess Adey secured the rights along with other acts on Golden State. The Golden State 45s doing the rounds were pressed up by some American (shall i say opportunist..but pretty good sound quality) Guy who also pressed up some 'George & Teddy' tracks which appear on the Kent CD 'GOLDEN STATE' along with the TKOs tracks, available from 6Ts site or via GEMM or MUSICSTACK. thumbsup.gif ..yep they were 'The San Fransico TKOs definitely...Bay Area Funk outfit . Joe Dunlop had a few copies of these pressings I don't know the legality of them save to say they were never released officially..maybe only HERM HENRY could clear it up.

Chris Morgan

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

6T14 A - Peggy Gaines - When The Boy That You Love (Is Loving You)

6T14 B - The San Franciscan T.K.O.s - Make Up Your Mind

A tale of two cities on the '98 release, topside comes out of Nashville via Peggy Gaines unreleased track from the Ref-O-Ree label with the smooth dancer 'When The Boy....'. San Francisco holds up the 'B' side with the San Fran TKOs 'Make Up Your Mind', a fantastic sound, just listen to those trumpets !

Think if we call them 'San franciscan' it kind of Northern's it up a bit? unsure.gif Bit like Lenny Gamble! laugh.gif

blush.gif

Santa outfilt, sleigh, gone ..

Social source share

Dont worry Audra. For years I thought Marie Knight - Thats no way to treat a girl, was sung by a bloke.

Mikey on Mark's account

The San Franciscan TKOs were a male group , but the vocals on " MUYM " were by a laydee .

During the war , It was only after I had seen a copy for the first time , that I found out " Ain't That Right " was sung by Brice Coefield and not BRI SCHOFIELD ...... laugh.gif

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert