The notorious fish 'n chip counters!

Have just been reading JM's  description comments on his auction site for Frank Wilson's 'Do I Love You' on Tamla. He mentions about a Soul copy being left on top of a chip shop fryer, very similiar to what Dave McCadden did with Richard Searling's copy of The Jades. I've heard Richard talk about that incident a few times on his radio shows but never anything about JM's version of FW. Has anyone else, just interested to know?

Social source share

24 minutes ago, Steve Foran said:

Ha ha not Lou Roberts LP. Richard Searling left the Len Barry LP Its that time of the year on his car roof and drove off.  

LOL. Yes Len Barry ( when she calls me baby)!!

Social source share

3 hours ago, KevH said:

Wasn't there a story about a Lou Roberts LP being left on a car roof? And a tiger walking past a chip shop in Blackpool?

A lion cub on a leash in a Blackpool chippy which I took for a Labrador  and bent down to pat. 

From the local zoo with it's keeper.

Edited by modernsoulsucks
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

On 05/05/2019 at 15:43, Okehsoul1952 said:

Have just been reading JM's  description comments on his auction site for Frank Wilson's 'Do I Love You' on Tamla. He mentions about a Soul copy being left on top of a chip shop fryer, 

Maybe whoever put the record on top of the fryer was thinking..

'Do I Lard You?.. Indeed I Do!

:)

Social source share

Not naming names but I know a chap who got pissed up after djing at a local gig , hailed a cab , to get home , when he got up the next morning he sickeningly realised he’d left a 100 box in the cab , he couldn’t remember the name of the taxi firm or anything so he rings round all the firms in the area to no avail. Probably some pisshead picked them up and frisbeed them somewhere. 

Social source share

I'm not naming names either - But a lad I know left a pile of records on his mates' car roof after a do, they drove off and he didn't realize until they were home! They went back and collected most, but some were never found.

Oh dear - The evils of drink :D

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Just now, LEN said:

I'm not naming names either - But a lad I know left a pile of records on his mates' car roof after a do, they drove off and he didn't realize until they were home! They went back and collected most, but some were never found.

I can’t imagine the feeling when they realised , you know, just waking up with an hangover then the dread coming over lol ...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, LEN said:

Think it was Pete Lawson who did the same after a Blackburn niter?

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Think it was Pete Lawson who did the same after a Blackburn niter?

It's a classic isn't it? I can picture it now - Folk chatting after a great night, all in good spirits, maybe after a few nice record deals......."Yeh, great to see you too, and thanks for doing a good turn on those few, well pleased! See you at The 100 Club next week!".........(Enters mate's car)......"What a night! Did you hear.....?" (The 'verbal' starts).......'Broom Broom' the cars zooms off........ :D

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!