If you won the Lottery Jackpot

2 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Hopefully either one of us wins it.  

Mello Souls , 

Stay well clear of Tribute . Though might buy one or all available copies and smash em . 😁

Whats tribute ???.atb baz

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Bob Sinclair . About as soulful as Bay city rollers . Imo 

Yep agree merlin 😂 not heard before 🙄 thought you wer on about tribute to betty which I like 👍 atb baz

Social source share

12 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Hopefully either one of us wins it.  

Mello Souls , 

Stay well clear of Tribute . Though might buy one or all available copies and smash em . 😁

Mello Souls , 

Stay well clear of Arthur Willis Tribute . Though might buy one or all available copies and smash em . 😉

Social source share

Professionals

sandy golden

even with that amount of cash, would you pay the earth, because you could? People say the scene is getting ruined by the folk who do this....so is winning the lottery alright to pay way, way over the odds?...not being contentious, just a thought...thank you...Rob

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
18 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

even with that amount of cash, would you pay the earth, because you could?

probably what's happening now isn't it ?

tell you what I would do - i'd start going to the USA more often and maybe pay some people to help track down some stuff 🙂

Social source share

6 hours ago, Shufflin said:

list could go on and on

You're not wrong there..I could easily list a couple of hundred 45s off the bat!

Are we allowed to change our minds next week, hehe ?

Anyway, as we're only dreaming...:)

Id like a copy of this 45  'Quit Jive'In' by Pearly Queen on the Sound Triangle label.

The last original copy I saw sold for around £850 I think..I only have a vinyl reissue on a compilation album,alas. 

You can literally smell the grease on this..

3qpBDUY.jpg 

Another original I'd dearly love to own is Baby Don't Cry by The Third Guitar featuring Eddie Holloway, released on the Rojac label in 1968..again I only have a reissue copy.

Theres two copies of this record up for sale on Discogs at the moment for £300 which isn't  a massive amount in terms of collecting admittedly  but it's a no from me at present, unfortunately..

https://youtu.be/kRcg4QGwAl4

Great looking label..:)

IcLbeXO.jpg

Last up is this, 'Has Time Really Changed' by Communicators and Black Experience Band on Tri Oak records from 1974 .

The A sides totally naff in my option but I actually want this for the flipside, which is a track called 'The Road' ..a seriously hot slab of Funk I first heard on the  'Funk Spectrum' lp that Keb Darge and Josh Davis put out around 1999.

I've seen a couple for sale at around £500'.

https://youtu.be/k6FQuy1fvGY

AtMrJIU.jpg

The Funk Spectrum album also contains a track by The Second Amendment Band called 'Backtalk parts 1&2' which absolutely blew me away.. Keb Darge first heard the track through Mark Butch Dobson if I recall correctly and who I know has a lor of admirers on this forum and  quite rightly so too!...I know both of those fellas are legends of the NS scene and if either of them ever happen to find themselves reading this thread I'd like a say a massive thanks!

https://youtu.be/6443WG4_4WI 

Original

https://www.discogs.com/The-2nd-Amendment-Band-Backtalk/release/4237736

Reissue..

Edit:

I've never Googled this record before btw so hopefully this isn't a boot.

https://www.discogs.com/The-2nd-Amendment-Band-Backtalk/release/677442

Edited by Soulsides
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Professionals

sandy golden

even with that amount of cash, would you pay the earth, because you could? People say the scene is getting ruined by the folk who do this....so is winning the lottery alright to pay way, way over the odds?...not being contentious, just a thought...thank you...Rob

I'd probably buy a new car for myself and treat the kids.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Demo and issue of all my favourites, and if it's not being too greedy, a play copy😊. Then I would need to buy a bigger house to put them all in!

Social source share

I prefer my record purchases to be a real financial sacrifice, that way they are precious to me so I dont do the lottery!

(I drive a 15 year old car but i do have a calvin grayson in my collection...)

Edited by bbrich
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

A time machine ( do Amazon do them ?) And go back to the sixties  , oh what joy listening to the new releases in the sound booth😋

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
6 hours ago, bbrich said:

(I drive a 15 year old car but i do have a calvin grayson in my collection...)

when I think of the money I've wasted on cars over the years it makes me realise I could have instead got all the rare records I wanted, lesson learned 🙂

Social source share

2 hours ago, Shufflin said:

when I think of the money I've wasted on cars over the years it makes me realise I could have instead got all the rare records I wanted, lesson learned 🙂

when I think of the money I've wasted on records over the years it makes me realise I could have instead got a lovely car, lesson learned :wink: :D

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 3
Social source share

I'd start off with the ones I had burgled out of my flat in the late 80s (nothing else taken) then add all the ones I've sold when times were a bit tight and subsequently regretted. That would be a pretty good collection....then I'd really get serious!

Knowing me, would be reduced to selling them off again within a few years when I ran out of winnings!🙄

Edited by JoeSoap
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Gogs
10 hours ago, speedlimit said:

Why not use the money to purchase  unknowns instead of chasing  the same records as everyone else😀😀

Or instead of buying 1 £5k record just get 50 great sounds at £100 each. 

Having said that i would still want a copy of Jon and the Weirdest.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!