Mike profile photo

Best in Europe - Lonely Planet 10 Ten 2019

Posted

whatcha reckon...?

10 best places to visit in Europe in 2019 - Lonely Planet

certainly reading this has stirred some interest and some memories in me...

anyone been , agree or have own suggestions

could end up via replies a  members version....?

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-europe

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Been to 3 of them, but have been to a lot of other places that I've enjoyed more.  I think it's all very personal and also depends on the time of year and weather.  

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

been to some of them, Madrid is a highlight, but Lake Garda in Italy is stunning, we love it, loads to see and do and a good base to explore further afield

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
21 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Been to 3 of them, but have been to a lot of other places that I've enjoyed more.  I think it's all very personal and also depends on the time of year and weather.  

Was actually in Iceland five years ago today, and it was cold, wet and miserable, so I agree with the time of year and weather.  Come to think of it, Shetland was similar last time I was there, but that wasn't by choice, just a fuel and water stop for the minehunter I was serving on at the time.  Madrid is OK but it is far from my favourite capital city, and low down on my list of Spanish cities.  Bari and Puglia is a part of Italy I'd like to see.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Steve S 60 said:

Was actually in Iceland five years ago today, and it was cold, wet and miserable, so I agree with the time of year and weather.  Come to think of it, Shetland was similar last time I was there, but that wasn't by choice, just a fuel and water stop for the minehunter I was serving on at the time.  Madrid is OK but it is far from my favourite capital city, and low down on my list of Spanish cities.  Bari and Puglia is a part of Italy I'd like to see.

Puglia is beautiful, especially in the spring.  Madrid I can do without, it's either too hot or too cold.  There are some stunning places in Hungary and Austria that I would hate to become too touristy as it would spoil their charm.  I had a very memorable week in Southern Ireland when it was wall to wall sunshine each day, most unexpected, and hardly a problem with the language either.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Tallinn is rather good. The old town is stunning.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Did Madrid about 10 years ago in May.

Loved it.

Easily spend a week there.

Real Madrid's ground is impressive and chocabloc on a match day.

Funniest thing was a street market where one stall was selling single shoes.

Must be a demand for it, but had nothing any good for somebody entering an arse kicking competition.

I do fancy Iceland at some point.

Ed

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Did Madrid about 10 years ago in May.

Loved it.

Easily spend a week there.

Real Madrid's ground is impressive and chocabloc on a match day.

Funniest thing was a street market where one stall was selling single shoes.

Must be a demand for it, but had nothing any good for somebody entering an arse kicking competition.

I do fancy Iceland at some point.

Ed

Been to Madrid a few times always on business, the most eventful was in April nine years ago, one night stopover no luggage. Ended up staying for a week because of the Icelandic volcano eruption! Painful memories of travelling daily to and from airport from centre of Madrid trying to secure flight home. Rained the first night when I was trying to find a hotel soaking the only clothes I had with me.

Didn't really enjoy the city until the last day once my flight home was secured.  

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Budapest is a stunning city to visit. Went last year and returning in August because we didn't get to see half the attractions available.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

Budapest is a stunning city to visit. Went last year and returning in August because we didn't get to see half the attractions available.

If you get a chance take in the zoo, it's amazing, I don't usually like zoos, but the architecture is brilliant.  The museums are world class in Budapest, but for a real treat go to the Herend Porcelain factory.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Thanks for the tip Dave, not heard about the Herend Porcelain factory 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Soulfusion said:

Thanks for the tip Dave, not heard about the Herend Porcelain factory 👍

You'll need deep pockets to buy anything, but the artists there are incredible.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

try thessalonika, northern greece or cluj in romania............very few if any brits, and both differant and fun...........

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, ezzie brown said:

try thessalonika, northern greece or cluj in romania............very few if any brits, and both differant and fun...........

Cluj is great, Ursus beer, I know it so well

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Cheap Flights To Europe Events
    Events Archive by Guest Ranger on Tue 19 Sep 2006
    • 3 / 496
    • Ranger on 19 Sep 2006
  2. Nathaniel Mayer Live In Europe
    All About the SOUL by Guest SoulBoogieAlex on Thu 29 Nov 2007
    • 4 / 404
    • SoulBoogieAlex on 29 Nov 2007
  3. Soul For Sale ... Free P&p To Europe
    Record Sales by Guest on Sat 23 Jun 2012
    • 1 / 526
    • on 23 Jun 2012
  4. A Little Trip Around Europe
    All About the SOUL by Paulb on Tue 04 Jan 2005
    • 30 / 2302
    • on 11 Jan 2005
  5. Europe Nights/wekenders/nighters
    Events Archive by Baz on Wed 03 Jan 2007
    • 35 / 1541
    • Baz on 05 Jan 2007
  6. Im Looking For A Soul Night In Europe Oct 18th
    Record Wants by Gasher on Wed 09 Jul 2008
    • 10 / 857
    • Glawsters Best on 14 Jul 2008

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.