Anyone else got one of these? (Forget 'birth sleeve'...).

Joesoap

Looking at the 'RIP Lou Johnson' thread, I remembered I've got the UK demo of 'Always Something There to Remind Me'. So I dug it out. And there on the label, is the date of release: 28-8-64. Which also happens to be the day I was born! How cool is that?

Anyone else got one like this? A record with the release date on the label having some significance for you, I mean. Not a Lou Johnson demo (unless you share my birthday)?

Probably a niche thread that'll go nowhere. Prove me wrong.

(Footnote: Barbara Lynn ‎– 'Oh! Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin)' also came out on London American on the same day but I haven't got that). 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

I can see this being moved.....since most on here would be pre ' decent' record releases on the day they were born.

Take me for example:

1961 - 

October 5 
Neil Sedaka records "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen", which will become his eighth US Top 20 hit. He will go on to have thirteen more. 

October 5 
As a follow up to their US number one smash, "Blue Moon", The Marcels release a similar sounding tune called "Heartaches", which will climb to number seven on the US Pop chart. 

Not got either of them:)

Ed

Social source share

I’m born on 20th October and it’s the big Cinquenta this year.. so was looking at tracks big in Oct 69, lots of soul but don’t fancy many of em till I noticed billboard top 50 for 69 included Spiral Staircase, take that! 

Strangley I spent my 39th birthday in Miami, went shopping with liza my wife and she bought everything😲 I got nothing, bar a consolation prize hearing Spiral Staircase in a Starbucks once we stopped to count how many bags Liza had, I’m not bitter....🍺

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, JoeSoap said:

Hi Mal, I think it's Spiral *Starecase* isn't it?

Love this version:

Btw...I think I sold you my copy of Almeta Latimore  a few years ago. Can I have it back?😪

We Met at Tower Bridge to do the deal?  Yep you did... and I’m sorry but I can’t kick her out of bed mate....  my spelling is dreadful btw... known for it! 

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!