Funky Sisters - Do It To It Aurora 165

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As above, first played back towards the end of '72, and through '73. Popular at The Torch for a while, plus various other venues such as The Pendulum, Cats, Central etc. Also as above, even popular enough to be booted on the white label OOTP series by C.B. Not really my cup of tea, far too poppy and odd, but it was a floorfiller for a few months.

Social source share

I remember Bob Hinsley being somewhat bemused when I traded my Garfield Flemming 45 with him for his copy (knowing full well the difference in value) - it's a record that appeals to my doo-lally mindset when I'm really off my tits. Seem to remember hearing somewhere that at least some of the 'sisters' are blokes (Jerry Williams & Brooks Odell - ?) with their voices processed (a la Johnny Regae).

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

The bootleg was on 'Auroro'-a plain grey label.Interestingly, around the same time as it's early 70's Northern popularity, ' Do It,To It' was a popular number at Pittsburgh DJ Porky Chedwick's 'Oldies' dances/record hops in the States and is featured on one of his 'Porky's Favourite Oldies' LP's which I have-the only Soul track amongst some great and beautiful obscure Doo-Wop.

Edited by Michael V
Typographical error
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert