Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Mike's profile photo

Tottenham V Liverpool Sat 1st June 2019 20:00hrs

Freebasing Mike

 
Posted

SATURDAY 1ST JUNE 2019
Tottenham V Liverpool

20:00 hrs

looks like BT are doing the free viewing thing again as per the Chelsea v Arsenal match

Looking forward to this, should be a lively one... yep?

any predictions?

3-1 Liverpool be my call

 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Goals galore?.  Extra time ? penalties ? red cards?  Hopefully!!  sure wets my appetite for a cracking night in my local 🍺🍻🍷👍

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Wish I was with some mates that are out there , rather than going down the pub to watch it .. but hey , just hope it will be a spectacle befitting a Champions League Final. 

As for the score .. don’t want to tempt fate , it could be goals galore or it could be a nail biter of a 0-0 . 

Sod it ... 4-0 Come on you Mighty Reds 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
19 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Wish I was with some mates that are out there , rather than going down the pub to watch it .. but hey , just hope it will be a spectacle befitting a Champions League Final. 

As for the score .. don’t want to tempt fate , it could be goals galore or it could be a nail biter of a 0-0 . 

Sod it ... 4-0 Come on you Mighty Reds 

i heard the tottally impartial mark lawrence on this morning tipping liverpool, what a suprise..........tho they are slight favourites..................got a curry and  a nice old italian red lined up to watch the biggest game in spurs history...........if spurs score it will probably go flying across the room...............great to get there ,better to win....

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

how do you get it on sky?  I've the channel on but tells you to upgrade.  Does it just come on for kick off?

Edited by Chalky

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, Chalky said:

how do you get it on sky?  I've the channel on but tells you to upgrade.  Does it just come on for kick off?

Apparently it comes on just at kickoff time . 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

how do you get it on sky?  I've the channel on but tells you to upgrade.  Does it just come on for kick off?

It’s not on BT ON sky but is on virgin.

 

i’m watching on BT YouTube channel it’s not the best quality

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

got it on the web...shite game

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Congrats to the scousers. I was really looking forward to this, but it was truly turgid fare. Missed the second goal cos I'd nodded off. Probably the worst final since that much anticipated Marseille vs Red Star game many years ago. 

Edited by Joey
  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Really bad game. Best to remember that it's not how you play but getting the result that counts.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

The three weeks off leading up to the final didn't help.  Both teams looked drained.  Kane should never have started.gaveSpurs nothing.  Lucas would have given them so much more up front, pace, movement and he would have run the Liverpool defenders around.

But at the end of the day the players couldn't give a crap when they lift ole big ears.

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Always had a soft spot for Liverpool ever since the days of Shankly so im really pleased for them. As far as Spurs go, the overrated Kane never hardly had a kick and diver Alli was so poor he didnt even get chance to con the ref.

  • Up vote 3

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Only managed to watch the first half, boredom well and truly setting in.  Not one for the neutrals.  Looks like I didn't miss much in the second half.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Agree with most of all the above posts ... not a final to showcase the Premiership or football in general ..and when Alison is maybe the Man of the Match. 

But the monkey is finally off Klopps back and no one can take it away from him. It’s been a really memorable season with a truly forgettable end . Shame but the record books will show its 6 Champions League titles . 

 

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I'm sure pool and city would swap honours if possible this season.

Makes for a great 19/20 premiership. 

Pleased for Klopp. 

Could he be going to Barcelona?

Ed

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

I'm sure pool and city would swap honours if possible this season.

Makes for a great 19/20 premiership. 

Pleased for Klopp. 

Could he be going to Barcelona?

Ed

Not a chance he’s going to Barcelona. Regarding last night , poor game , we were crap and Tottenham were better but not much , as for hoddle quoting that sissoko was “ coaching in the box “😄, and no way a penalty! , it wasn’t on the first contact , to me it was when he brought his arm down and moved the direction of the ball when doing so imo , I also think the early goal had an effect on Liverpool in that they eased off and lost concentration but hey ho got big ears back in the end . Yep there’s not been that many great finals really, maybe it’s too big to lose , last great one Istanbul! 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Colnago said:

Not a chance he’s going to Barcelona. Regarding last night , poor game , we were crap and Tottenham were better but not much , as for hoddle quoting that sissoko was “ coaching in the box “😄, and no way a penalty! , it wasn’t on the first contact , to me it was when he brought his arm down and moved the direction of the ball when doing so imo , I also think the early goal had an effect on Liverpool in that they eased off and lost concentration but hey ho got big ears back in the end . Yep there’s not been that many great finals really, maybe it’s too big to lose , last great one Istanbul! 

as a spurs fan who doesnt watch at all apart from our big games like last night, once every ten years then, you all say........i ask .how can somebody avoid contact with the ball that ends up hitting his arm of his chest  at that speed so close to him as occurred last night and to be fair ,so early in the game is difficult to understand, but it was a poor spectacle ,neither side at there best..............stadium uncertainty, no signings and still  the biggest final in the history of the club, not far away at the end but couldnt quite make it............next season beckones already...........big  spending money clubs to dominate again  i guess

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I think spurs will look back on that as the one that got away.

 

liverpool were poor and there for the taking.

 

3 shots on target and 2 goals and hardly any posession.

 

A poor game both sides looked tired and it didn't live up to expectations.

 

shame moura didnt start after his semi final hat tick.  Time to sell kane and spend big and move forward.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, ezzie brown said:

as a spurs fan who doesnt watch at all apart from our big games like last night, once every ten years then, you all say........i ask .how can somebody avoid contact with the ball that ends up hitting his arm of his chest  at that speed so close to him as occurred last night and to be fair ,so early in the game is difficult to understand, but it was a poor spectacle ,neither side at there best..............stadium uncertainty, no signings and still  the biggest final in the history of the club, not far away at the end but couldnt quite make it............next season beckones already...........big  spending money clubs to dominate again  i guess

Yes it was certainly no great spectacle and it would have been better for either team to have been playing a foreign side imo , going back to the penalty and how does a player avoid ball contact, simply keep your arms down. 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
26 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Yes it was certainly no great spectacle and it would have been better for either team to have been playing a foreign side imo , going back to the penalty and how does a player avoid ball contact, simply keep your arms down. 

Sissoko was giving an instruction to somebody behind him pointing where he wanted them to be.

 

this kind of instruction must be given by defenders in pretty much every game played.

 

he was unlucky to get awared a penalty against him.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

You can put your arm out to do whatever you want, but don’t expect not to get penalised for it if it goes pear shaped, like it did . 😐 Do you think Pochettino will stay ? 

Edited by Colnago

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, Colnago said:

You can put your arm out to do whatever you want, but don’t expect not to get penalised for it if it goes pear shaped, like it did . 😐 Do you think Pochettino will stay ? 

Not sure about poch i think this team have gone as far as they can.  I hope he is given money and stays but that stadium needs paying for so not sure what will happen.

 

liverpool and man city are miles ahead.  The others are playing for the other 2 spots.

 

i wasnt suggesting he can do what ever he wants.  It was a penalty but 99 other times out of a 100 the cross would have gone round him or hit his chest.  He was just unlucky it rolled onto his arm.  I don't think for 1 second he had any intention of handing the ball it was unintentional.

 

keeping your arms tucked in by your side is a very unnatural thing to do when moving.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

potch will stay...........kane may go but he seems a club man to me......

the keep your arm down advice is a bit like telling a batsman not to swing or a rugby player not to tackle high........all very well until your on the pitch and the adrenalin is flowing

the ref shouldnt be actively looking for excuses to give penalties but to officiate fairly and allow the players to play.the same is now true in both rugby codes , due to tv coverage the ref is terrified of missing anything, so penalisies players easily,

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Yes if Pochettino doesn’t get any spending money he could be away . It doesn’t have to be intentional handball, in my first post I did say that I thought it was the downward movement of his arm that made it look iffy , I hope spurs don’t fade back to mediocrity and keep Pochettino. 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ezzie brown said:

potch will stay...........kane may go but he seems a club man to me......

the keep your arm down advice is a bit like telling a batsman not to swing or a rugby player not to tackle high........all very well until your on the pitch and the adrenalin is flowing

the ref shouldnt be actively looking for excuses to give penalties but to officiate fairly and allow the players to play.the same is now true in both rugby codes , due to tv coverage the ref is terrified of missing anything, so penalisies players easily,

Well players are actually coached to keep their arms in ! Of course adrenaline and all that but that’s where the coaching come in isn’t it ? Any road spurs still had time to get back into it and didn’t , I’d understand a bit of  grievance if you’d have scored one and lost by the penalty 

Edited by Colnago

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I think spurs will look back on that as the one that got away.

 

liverpool were poor and there for the taking.

 

3 shots on target and 2 goals and hardly any posession.

 

A poor game both sides looked tired and it didn't live up to expectations.

 

shame moura didnt start after his semi final hat tick.  Time to sell kane and spend big and move forward.

Liverpool did what they had to do, they always I felt had a few gears to go through if needed and if Spours had attacked with intent I think we'd have seen a bigger threat from Liverpool.

Kane offered absolutely nothing, of course Lucas should have started, if they aren't careful they won't attract top strikers if they feel Kane is undroppable.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Liverpool did what they had to do, they always I felt had a few gears to go through if needed and if Spours had attacked with intent I think we'd have seen a bigger threat from Liverpool.

Kane offered absolutely nothing, of course Lucas should have started, if they aren't careful they won't attract top strikers if they feel Kane is undroppable.

I guess we will never know.

 

what you have described is the game i wanted to see.

 

both sides going for it with high tempo attacking football.

 

liverpool did sit back and let spurs have the ball after the early goal. 

 

van dijk is immense his awareness and speed are unreal.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

So a poor final between two clubs that have never actually won the Premiership, Liverpool have done well, but can hardly claim to be the Champions of Europe, not won their own domestic league for 29 years, Spurs not since 1961, combined total of Not winning own domestic league a paltry 87 years !?!

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
44 minutes ago, HILL868 said:

So a poor final between two clubs that have never actually won the Premiership, Liverpool have done well, but can hardly claim to be the Champions of Europe, not won their own domestic league for 29 years, Spurs not since 1961, combined total of Not winning own domestic league a paltry 87 years !?!

Agree , Champions League should be for the champions of the respected leagues and not the runners up etc.

It makes a mockery of the tournament and it is sad when clubs are happy to finish 3rd or 4th just to qualify for the thing.

Money rules though so it will never resort back to the original and best format.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.