Mike's profile photo

netflix uk rates going up

Freebasing Mike

Posted

The streaming company, which has not raised prices in the UK since 2017, is increasing the cost of a standard plan by £1 to £8.99 and premium by £2 to £11.99. The price of a basic plan remains unchanged at £5.99.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/may/30/netflix-to-raise-prices-for-uk-subscribers

looks like streaming costs are slowly creeping up...

anyone cutting back on online streaming subs yet?

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

I stopped my Sky subscription because I was fed up with them putting the price up all the time.  Currently use Netflix, Prime and Now TV which all added up is less than the Sky subs, and obviously a lot more choice.  Hopefully Netflix can justify raising the cost of their premium service by 20%.

soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

I stopped my Sky subscription because I was fed up with them putting the price up all the time.  Currently use Netflix, Prime and Now TV which all added up is less than the Sky subs, and obviously a lot more choice.  Hopefully Netflix can justify raising the cost of their premium service by 20%.

netflix are quite clever with the premium service, as its only way you can get at their 4k uhd content

myself be hard pushed to pay full price for nowtv, we usually dip in depending on what series are on and what vouchers/deals are knocking around

not convinced about amazon prime, I start watching stuff  but hardly ever finish any of their series, prime for me is more about the free postage than the tv

find that watching things more deliberately nowadays, the  quality of the watch as in uhd and surround being important factor...

soul source url
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike said:

netflix are quite clever with the premium service, as its only way you can get at their 4k uhd content

myself be hard pushed to pay full price for nowtv, we usually dip in depending on what series are on and what vouchers/deals are knocking around

not convinced about amazon prime, I start watching stuff  but hardly ever finish any of their series, prime for me is more about the free postage than the tv

find that watching things more deliberately nowadays, the  quality of the watch as in uhd and surround being important factor...

I only get Now TV when there's an offer on.  Netflix are supposed to be adding Dolby Atmos so at least the sound and vision on their premium package is up there.  Prime will have to up their game now Disney have entered the market, but as a whole package (TV, next day delivery, lending library etc) I think it represents good value.  Now TV are about to start streaming in Full HD, not before time, and they've also increased the number of devices from four to six.

Edited by Steve S 60

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.