The Deceptions - of all the hearts - Brooks - REISSUE???

Vix

Greetings,

I'm curious to know if anyone has any idea or has heard anything of "The Deceptions - of all the hearts" on the Brooks label being reissued?

I recently ran across a few copies on discogs being sold and described as "reissues".

Does anyone have any information on this?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and God bless

45 hearts 2.jpg

45 People close.jpg

Social source share

A fabulous tune and whilst I can't answer your question  directly I note that 'Of All The Hearts To Break' was released four times under different names and with different arrangements by it's writer 'Danny Gold(stone). Peace, Justice & Equality & Black & Blue also released versions and Gold was in both groups I think. It's on the 'Peace, Justice & Equality' (Stone Gold 1976) album and on Danny Gold's only solo album from 1991.  I have three of the four versions (not Gold-solo) and prefer the Black & Blue version (writing credit to Duke Hall).

• Thanks 1
Social source share

On 01/06/2019 at 20:31, Vix said:

Greetings,

I'm curious to know if anyone has any idea or has heard anything of "The Deceptions - of all the hearts" on the Brooks label being reissued?

I recently ran across a few copies on discogs being sold and described as "reissues".

Does anyone have any information on this?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and God bless

45 hearts 2.jpg

45 People close.jpg

It would be nice to know, I agree, are your images the original, re-issue or this one, (please note the times for the B side)

deceptions.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
extra
Social source share

It was also released in 1991 on an LP entitled of all the hearts (Family of gold publishing), white and red logo with no cover. The 45 I have is more like the first image and was purchased in the late eighties, think I had a spare from a soul pack in the mid nineties which also looked like the first image, maybe a bit darker, but without the distinct  rim on the second image.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 04/06/2019 at 21:20, Blackpoolsoul said:

It would be nice to know, I agree, are your images the original, re-issue or this one, (please note the times for the B side)

deceptions.jpg

The images I've posted are directly from Family of gold which are said to be the actual repress. Interesting how the repress seems to be 10 seconds longer than that of which you have posted which I believe is an original pressing...🤔

Social source share

20 minutes ago, Vix said:

The images I've posted are directly from Family of gold which are said to be the actual repress. Interesting how the repress seems to be 10 seconds longer than that of which you have posted which I believe is an original pressing...🤔

I agree, makes me think they are different mixes :)

Social source share

Just to clarify the copy I have is the same deeper blue colour as in the image posted four hours ago, but without the distinct rim. Infact it's the same as most of the copies that appear on popsike. There is also a slight difference in the word spacing from the original image posted, in that my copy could clearly fit another letter in the middle of the Dan Goldstone located in brackets,not so with the first image posted. Another interesting but probably depressing post for the poor individual who could have paid over the odds for a re-press. So thanks too the original post and the other contributors detective work.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!