New Diggin’ Deep 45 (Jerry Miller)

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

It sold out within hours of the announcement yesterday

And I really would LOVE to know, how many bought the record because they truly love the music and how many as an "investment", hoping that the price will rise. 

A few of the previous issues are already sold on DISCOGS.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Youyou said:

And I really would LOVE to know, how many bought the record because they truly love the music and how many as an "investment", hoping that the price will rise. 

Few vultures no doubt, £200 they have sold for so far.

I buy them for the love of the music.  

A lot of them have gone abroad by all accounts.

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

I've bought these without thinking about future £ value, just had a look on discogs, wow

soul scene is mad

Social source share

29 minutes ago, PhilReeves said:

If you aren't on Facebook (like me )then ordering was impossible yesterday. Such an exclusive way of running things. Not good.

All my notifications for Diggin' Deep releases are via email, which contains a link to the web site.  So you don't have to be on facebook to be in time to order their product.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

11 minutes ago, John Reed said:

All my notifications for Diggin' Deep releases are via email, which contains a link to the web site.  So you don't have to be on facebook to be in time to order their product.

Can't stand Facebook but thankfully as you say, the message comes out via email which is how I heard about it.

Social source share

13 hours ago, Youyou said:

The emails lead to links to listen to the tracks, so for me it's a simple job of deciding if I like the record enough to buy it. Inevitably, if you like one there's a strong likelihood you'll find the rest appealing too. In my case, I've bought all except the 2nd disc - I liked it but not quite enough to buy it at the time, and by the look of things there's no going back on that decision now!

Social source share

I was away last week in Spain ,a tense time as i had read Seans post re keep an eye out around the end of May.

Bloody security on my emails would not let me view them on my ipad in Spain as different ip address and when it asked me to log in to my account kept throwing me out,so had to keep logging into diggin site .

I got back just in time and then panicked when i logged into Diggindeep site at around midnight as we all had to register as web site obviously has had alot of work done on it.

the love of Soul EH!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Same as all the above, fannied about trying to work out what the Face Book thing was all about as i don't have anything to do with it (although i didn't see my "Alert" until yesterday)  so by that time i suppose it was too late anyway so this is the first  release i have missed on this FAB label not a bad single amongst them.Once again a lot of real soul fans have missed out and those that just buy to sell and make a few bob, well, you work out the rest...... 

Social source share

This is my first even though I am a member of facebook,I rarely go on or just plainly have had bad timing re the others.It saddens me that people are buying them to sell on but does not surprise me.Other new releases on other logos of such quality have had a steady trickle on price but nothing as phenomenal as this logo,the limited press has made them attractive to collect.

Social source share

16 hours ago, Youyou said:

More of the latter I would've thought. considering it's not that great really. I thnk they'll be disappointed though because it's nowhere near as good as some of the other recent stuff.

Social source share

I was at the movie with my wife (where we saw the Elton John biopic, by the way. Not bad). Then I scrolled down my mobile to see some work emails and I was lucky enough to spot the announcement. Maybe if I saw it the next morning I would be not able to got it.

I spent the whole time gettin' back home proceeding through the new website and orderin' while my wife was yellin' at me as I wasn't speakin' to her 'bout the movie. Then I told her I was buyin' a record (even if I bet she already understood it) and she told me I was out of my head. True story 😅

Edited by Enricoacm1899
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Gutted. Misread the announcement on Tuesday completely and thought pre-order was from today. Been away for a few days for my birthday, got home and first thing was to log on and order a copy only to find I missed out. Doh!

Can only blame myself.... 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived today - great tracks. A-side (Got to get home) seems to have a tiny glitch or two towards the last third or so of the record - needle doesn't jump, can't see any imperfections, I think it's my ears playing tricks on me! 

Social source share

On 18/06/2019 at 16:22, seano said:

Arrived today - great tracks. A-side (Got to get home) seems to have a tiny glitch or two towards the last third or so of the record - needle doesn't jump, can't see any imperfections, I think it's my ears playing tricks on me! 

No probs with mine 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!