Dr John / Mac Rebennack RIP

Passed. Sad news. One of the last of the greats in my book. Loved all his stuff but here's a few with Soul Source appeal. He must have played on and written loads though...

(These first two are his partner, the unsung Ronnie Barron on vocals and I think came out under his name on 7).

Talk about an oldie!

Edited by JoeSoap
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

I was fortunate enough back in 1972 to be doing Security at Bickershaw festival where amongst many other top artists performing was Dr John and the Night Trippers, they came on stage at 3am in the middle of a storm I was positioned at the side of the Stage, They were spellbinding lifted everybody,s  spirits despite the storm, it was a magic set very surreal and influenced by Dr Johns mix of New Orleans soul , R and B and Voodoo drum beats , There were some top artists at Bickershaw festival but I can honestly say Dr John and the night trippers were the top performers there , I think to  see him live with his band and dancers took it to another level,

RiP Dr John

KR

Mick Lyons

• Up vote 3
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Hooker1951 said:

I was fortunate enough back in 1972 to be doing Security at Bickershaw festival where amongst many other top artists performing was Dr John and the Night Trippers, they came on stage at 3am in the middle of a storm I was positioned at the side of the Stage, They were spellbinding lifted everybody,s  spirits despite the storm, it was a magic set very surreal and influenced by Dr Johns mix of New Orleans soul , R and B and Voodoo drum beats , There were some top artists at Bickershaw festival but I can honestly say Dr John and the night trippers were the top performers there , I think to  see him live with his band and dancers took it to another level,

RiP Dr John

KR

Mick Lyons

dr-john-bick72.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!