Rick Scott profile photo

Big in My Front Room 2019

Posted (edited)

Don't have to be soul but but can be soulful, you know make the hair stand up on the back of your neck,

or make you stop what you are doing and sit up and listen.................

ONE OF THE BEST NONE SOUL RECORDS I HAVE HEARD, WONDERFUL VOICE, MUSIC, MAKES YOU FEEL KINDA WARM AND COZY MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by RICK SCOTT
EXTRAS
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Cheers for the up vote on this track, came across it recently via a program from 2014 repeated on BBC Radio 4extra recently. The band had 3 songs featured this being one of them, fell in love with it and couldn't get it out of my head and had to share.😀

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Rick my wife and I sat in our car (not quite the front room) waiting to pick the kids up from school (in the rain) we put this on and turned it up LOUD

I don't care that's its Will Young, I absolutely completely love the tune....blows me away....Vocals, production, production, production, backing vocals, strings :) if you listen to all 9 minutes you hopefully will agree, it just rolls and rolls

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Something i came across and wow! not for everyone i know but i find the music infectious and watching these young people dancing and enjoying themselves what's there not to like ? As Usual, Please have a listen and a look but most of all enjoy!           "PLAY IT LOUD"   South African Dance And Jazz Jazz Jazz

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Something i came across and wow! not for everyone i know but i find the music infectious and watching these young people dancing and enjoying themselves what's there not to like ? As Usual, Please have a listen and a look but most of all enjoy!           "PLAY IT LOUD"   South African Dance And Jazz Jazz Jazz

Great stuff Rick (didn't realise you were into the "Jazz Side"). I believe they are performing at Glastonbury this weekend (might be worth a watch)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

love all sorts of music but Jazz has been a part of of the Soul Scene for as long i can remember, and a great part of my Record Collecting, Gill Scott - Heron, Gregory Porter, Ramsey Lewis, Cal tjader, Lou Pride, Mel Torme and the Jazz Funk Scene as well has given  us countless sides, Need i go on, I know there are lots of different forms of Jazz (i don't like it all) but there are those like the one above that make you sit up and feel what's going on, Magic  😀

If you catch them at Glastonbury i hope you enjoy them....Rick

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

After hanging up my DJ shoes 9 years ago, I play a lot of stuff in my "living room".

This is one of my faves and I last played it for my buddy Pablo who has sadly now passed , so this is for him....peace brother

Edited by Blackpoolsoul

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Ain't No Big thing -versions
    Look At Your Box by Mike on Sat 14 Feb 2004
    • 13 / 3253
    • Andybellwood on 29 Mar 2020
  2. Living Room DJ
    Soul Media by Chris Turnbull on Sun 23 Oct 2016
    • 306 / 31265
    • Mike on 28 Mar 2020
  3. Big Bunch of 7"s for Sale, Northern, Boogie, Crossover
    Record Sales by hotthobo on Tue 24 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 492
    • hotthobo on 24 Mar 2020
  4. Articles: Hound Dog! The Big Mama Thornton Story
    All About the SOUL by Windlesoul on Mon 16 Mar 2020
    • 4 / 241
    • Hooker1951 on 23 Mar 2020
  5. Boogaloo In Room 802
    Record Sales by Soulfly on Sat 21 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 278
    • Soulfly on 21 Mar 2020

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.