Danny Monday-Redbone.

• 1 year later...
On 14/06/2019 at 08:47, Wheelsville1 said:

While looking on J.Manships site, I read about Danny Monday and that he seems to think he is Pat Vasquez  the brother of Lolly Vasquez who co wrote the song.This duo went on to form the 70s rock group Redbone,getting the name from the fact that they were of native American Indian decent.The mind boggles. Chris.

I think it's this guy who passed in 2012

https://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/obituaries/daniel-vincent-peil-2

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Garethx said:

Great that this mystery has been solved at last. Obviously sad that he passed some years ago. Listening to the Danny Peil & The Apollos 45 it's clearly him. 

Agree 100% and it was only when I spotted Manship (as he sometimes does) concluding stuff, that I started digging.

I have absolutely no doubt that he will now claim he knew about it years ago as he did with my solving of who "Cajun Hart" was.....cheeky

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Agree 100% and it was only when I spotted Manship (as he sometimes does) concluding stuff, that I started digging.

I have absolutely no doubt that he will now claim he knew about it years ago as he did with my solving of who "Cajun Hart" was.....cheeky

Congratulations on discovering who Danny Monday was,however it was myself who initially started the ball rolling on this topic. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Maybe you are unaware…….the Vegas brothers were at Soultripusa 2004 Los Angeles with the 300 strong British contingent. They spoke openly about their lives in the music business and in particular to me…..Joe Hicks on AGC. 
There could be others on here who may have had the nous to ask about Danny Monday? If not, the Danny Pell uncovering is useful information.  

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!