Precisions - John Manships Auction

I was surprised to see a copy of The Precisions - Such Misery - Drew listed on John Manships auction sometime last week. Never thought it would be an auction sale.

It was definitely listed before I attended the Cleethorpes weekender, however can't see any trace of it now.  Does anyone know if it sold and if so how much for?

Social source share

On 16/06/2019 at 14:23, Winsford Soul said:

As long as I've got a hole in my arse its never a auction record.

I agree with the sentiments.   I have a copy already, but was just interested to see if it managed to make anymore than a set sale copy would've done.

Although with no response with regards the auction, beginning to wonder if it was pulled?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

Beggin' by Timebox was an auction record recently, that surprised me

maybe expect anything in M- in very low quantities (like, the last one) on Discogs to go auction, just the way it is?

Social source share

On 16/06/2019 at 14:23, Winsford Soul said:

As long as I've got a hole in my arse its never a auction record.  Greed pure greed and laziness  is what's driving these normal records to auction. Nothing else

This was a big in demand record around 79 and harder to find than if this is love back then.

At today's inflated prices, I'd have thought £200 was on the mark.

First saw an original at Derby Assembly rooms nighter back then....maybe even 1980?

As a 19 year old veteran I was miffed a kid younger than me had a box full of rarities like this for sale.....bloody audacity:) even had a Chandlers..

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

Issues are no more than £40 IMO, common record. Demo is harder but would have thought £75, ton tops. 

Well, it might have been common to some but not to me really. Got my first as a clean (w/drill hole) stocker and sold it on when I got me a super clean demo. That was some 15 years ago or so and I sold it for like £25 then ! By today such a copy could sell easy for £50-60 to remain on the fair side of "business". A demo easily double to triple that. Speculating still on the fair side of things. On the nutter side of things; all is possible...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

22 hours ago, Dylan said:

Flip side lovers plea is also great as a sweet soul side so collectible twice over.

Tune ! 'a lover's plea' is more 'harmony vocals group' (than sweet soul) for which there was a "revival" in the mid-late sixties in the USA. Agree it's a fantastic side that I do play home from time to time. 

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...

Debating "what is" and "what isn't" an auction record opens a whole can of worms and could be  never ending, we all know vinyl has gone crazy, so none of us should be surprised these days at what turns up under the hammer, I'm certainly not 

Kev 

Edited by Kev Cane
Social source share

In July 1978 my first wage as a 16 year old was £28. I'd spend half on vinyl, but never more than a fiver per record. Invariably I'd try and sell on at a profit after a few months of ownership. Great fun.

A mate of mine, a year older, probably on a fiver more, was buying a top £30 record every week. £3 to live on.....but what a collection he built, as he never sold any ( until he got married, but that's another story).

Obsession never alters, and dealers constantly push the limits.

Long live that obsession!

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!