Mike profile photo

Mark Field MP

Posted

in the news last night and today and generating a bit of talk

so whats the views out there on this incident then?

should he be sacked/charged as many are calling for?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

i understand he was probably angry and upset that someone had gatecrashed his elite formal gathering but i wonder how he would react to a middle aged man grabbing his own son or daughter in that manner....no need to continue the force he exerted once he had made the initial contact to stop her protest..............

john prescott would have been far more controlled.🤣

as ever its who the victim is and our sympathy or lack off it for there cause that colours our responce

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Definitely should be charged/sacked. His response was disproportionate.  Pretty vile behaviour.  Clearly the guy is not in control of himself at all.  

• Up vote 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

World has gone soft ! 

He did the right thing,   chuck the rent a mob out !        she could have been a threat to everyone's safety, in that building,  so yes, get rid of the trouble makers.   

there are ways of protesting,   not go mob handed into a private function and cause trouble.     on a side note,  the security staff should be held to account, for they way they let these people through,    THAT'S the disgusting part about the whole shambles.       Today is a whole different story, from a few years ago.   banners and a bit of chanting are long gone,  we now have some serious nut jobs about.  

• Up vote 7
  • Disagree 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I wonder what people's reactions would be if the roles were reversed, and that it was a lady who had grabbed a male protester by the back of the neck and marched him out in the same way (I feel she would be widely commended)

We're all equal now are we not?

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, LEN said:

I wonder what people's reactions would be if the roles were reversed, and that it was a lady who had grabbed a male protester by the back of the neck and marched him out in the same way (I feel she would be widely commended)

We're all equal now are we not?

Pathetic. If the protester’s role was reversed and it was a burly man, Mark Field would have remained in his seat and waited for security to deal with it. Stop making excuses for the c**t.

• Up vote 10

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The woman posed absolutely no physical threat, as is obvious if you watch the whole video which shows a number of female protesters at the event acting without any aggression. Field wasn't taken by surprise having seen what was going on and the notion that he acted on instinct as if genuinely fearful of violence is sheer hokum. He lost his temper. He was hacked off and decided to have a go at a lone woman. He could easily have stood up, barred her way and asked her to leave in a civilised manner. But no, he pushed her into a pillar, manhandled her and then frogmarched her out of the event using excessive and unreasonable force.

It was appalling behaviour.

• Up vote 13

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

he didnt hurt the woman,  he didnt hit her,  he didnt do any wrong.  

she was stopped and chucked out,  simple as that .     The problem with this country, is that we cant even chastise our kids,  so they're brought up to think they can get away with whatever the hell they want.     keep going like we are and they will ! 

Soft as shit,   time we got some law and order back .

Edited by Ian Parker
  • Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Ian Parker said:

she was stopped and chucked out,  simple as that .     The problem with this country, is that we cant even chastise our kids,  so they're brought up to think they can get away with whatever the hell they want.     keep going like we are and they will ! 

the problem with this country is we have mps who think its ok to assault women verbally or physically in public and the victims are blamed for causing the assailants aggressive behavior and lack of self control........

Edited by ezzie brown
edit
  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ian Parker said:

Couldn't agree more. The sheer amount of snowflakery in evidence re this, and other recent events is astounding.  Had this been a Labour politician, frogmarching a BrExit Leave campaigner out of a private meeting, he/she would have been lauded as "stunning and brave" in the face of "far right fascists".

But, this is now the brave new world we have to inhabit I suppose. God forbid we ever have to defend ourselves in earnest again. 

And in addition. Why was this the lead story on/in all mainstream media outlets, when there was a far more serious event which incurred almost zero publicity? I refer of course to the latest child grooming scandal in Yorkshire, with another 44 men being charged. Too easy for the MSM to attack a Conservative politician, doing what many others would do in a similar situation, rather than be seen as reporting on the latest Muslim grooming gang? Maybe you Mike, could also look at yourself and ask why you chose this particlaur story? Are we all becoming far too PC? Or scared of being labelled as racist/fascist/nazi/far right knuckledraggers?

people really do need to stop, take stock, and look at what is really happening around them today. 

Rant over, time for me to put the Yorkshire puds in the oven. 

Edited by Joey
  • Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

If it had been a man I think the medias reaction would have been quite different and to assume because it was a woman there was no threat is in itself sexist and quite wrong, not defending Mr Field , maybe he should have stood and blocked her path and let security deal with her, it's not that long ago we were mourning the death of Labour Mp Jo Cox .

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A bit ott but not on the scale of Eric Joyce the Labour MP who went completely berserk in the Commons bar a few years ago a place he used to frequent on a more regular basis than the Chamber itself! He headbutted a Tory rival and  attacked four others.Someone said at the time it was like the Wild West in there blood everywhere! He was a judo champion too so you wouldn't stand much chance even though he was sloshed most of the time.He also claimed the highest ever annual expenses one year  ....still not like the colourless bunch in there today I suppose! What really pisses me off there's one law for Brexiteers and another for Remoaners because of the biased nature of the judiciary and the impartial nature of the BBC which is about as neutral as the Russian tv service during the Brezhnev era! For instance why wasn't that prick who harassed Rees Mogg's chidren outside their home charged when two people who barracked sourpuss Soubry outside Westminster  had the full weight of the law thrown at them???

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

seems a few want to use this more for passing on their own political views rather than the actual incident which is a bit disappointing

can't we talk about anything nowadays without going down that weary road?

anyway back to original topic

seems that the mp guy's apologised and the protester says doesn't want any further action taken

guess that's the end of story for now at least

interesting hearing views

thanks all👍

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
50 minutes ago, Mike said:

seems a few want to use this more for passing on their own political views rather than the actual incident which is a bit disappointing

can't we talk about anything nowadays without going down that weary road?

Have to ask why this was posted in "Freebasing" ... ? ... had it been someone else's post it would have been moved to the 'Members Downtown' box where all the other political bullshittery gets dumped where it's easier to ignore by the rest of us , perhaps it would be better to just let those who wish to discuss such things do so on one of a million other more suitable sites out there and leave SS for the discussion of all things Soul ... ?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Have to ask why this was posted in "Freebasing" ... ? ... had it been someone else's post it would have been moved to the 'Members Downtown' box where all the other political bullshittery gets dumped where it's easier to ignore by the rest of us , perhaps it would be better to just let those who wish to discuss such things do so on one of a million other more suitable sites out there and leave SS for the discussion of all things Soul ... ?

I posted it in freebasing rather than downtown as thought with increased exposure then we may get some interesting discussion from other members  that is  a step above the stuff we been getting in the downtown forum recently.

There is/was the option to move it to 'downtown' if does/did get heavy/political - an option which is still open if needed

Understand  'all things soul' viewpoint  but do feel that the aim of providing freebasing as a place for members to talk non-soul matters  is still worthwhile be it for talking sport, news, tv, entertainment etc etc

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

"It was a viciously sharp slice of mango that the Greenpeace woman picked up off the table, wasn't it Chancellor?"

"Very well Mark, I won't repeat this.  Put your underpants on your head and push two pencils up your nose.  They'll think you're crazy and you'll be back in the Foreign Office in no time. Favour returned."

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 21/06/2019 at 16:35, Flamingemeralds said:

Definitely should be charged/sacked. His response was disproportionate.  Pretty vile behaviour.  Clearly the guy is not in control of himself at all.  

Seriously?

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The main issue I have with any MP who disgraces themselves is how the disciplinary goes.

IMHO junior minister demoted to MP is probably proportionate for some offences and not enough for others.

If an employee in the real world was guilty of gross misconduct it usually ends up with one outcome -no job, no notice period and no wages beyond the date of termination -oh and no reference either.

The only outcome that an MP seems to fear is a deselection by his constituents at a GE or if recalled to his/her constituency for a by election, personally I don't think this is enough -for instance of a GE is due within 6 months anyway the MP can't be recalled anyway!

I think there should be a standards body to which MPs can be reported which then investigates and has powers to order a 'sacking' and by election, it would have to be 100% independent of course as I don't trust politicians themselves to run it!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
41 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

Seriously?

so whats your take then Steve?

58 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

"It was a viciously sharp slice of mango that the Greenpeace woman picked up off the table, wasn't it Chancellor?"

"Very well Mark, I won't repeat this.  Put your underpants on your head and push two pencils up your nose.  They'll think you're crazy and you'll be back in the Foreign Office in no time. Favour returned."

don't really get your comedy routines on here Steve

maybe you can expand a bit?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
30 minutes ago, Mike said:

so whats your take then Steve?

don't really get your comedy routines on here Steve

maybe you can expand a bit?

As the OP, how about giving us your take?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

As the OP, how about giving us your take?

yep sure can and will do

thought the guy was out of order, that much out of order I thought ask fellow members their view

though what about your comedy routines?

as said don't really get your humour,  all I see is a weary old played out black adder reference

whats the point/reference of that?

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike said:

yep sure can and will do

thought the guy was out of order, that much out of order I thought ask fellow members their view

though what about your comedy routines?

as said don't really get your humour,  all I see is a weary old played out black adder reference

whats the point/reference of that?

The Blackadder quote refers to an overreaction to a quite harmless situation, which I didn't think needed any explaining.  However, in my opinion, the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion and a few years ago wouldn't have even used up newsprint.  

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Takes all sorts i suppose , I personally love some of the stuff  Steve S60 puts up .    Problem is , the next time a female "activist" tries a stunt like this , everyone will be wary of doing anything , and she may be carrying more than a rape alarm next time . 

Edited by carty
Grammar.
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I think he certainly over reacted but dont give me the peaceful protest routine for me why didn't her and the other activists call their own press conference. Its all about stopping other people speaking, they are the fascists.

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A private soul night gets gate crashed and disrupted the by a couple of dozen persons who didn't pay their entrance fee, I suspect the promoter and a few paying guests would grip them by the lughole and use the toe end of the boot to kick them out on their arse.... It doesn't matter who runs the event, political, business or social those not paying their dues get ejected. Whilst Hammond deserves kicking out of office it would be better if that was done at the ballot box and not by an anorak protest.  

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 22/06/2019 at 12:17, autumnstoned said:

Pathetic. If the protester’s role was reversed and it was a burly man, Mark Field would have remained in his seat and waited for security to deal with it. Stop making excuses for the c**t.

I'm not making excuses for him, I agree with others that he acted very aggressively. I was just saying that if a lady had frog marched a man out like that, it may have been applauded.

And I take your point about if the protester was a burly man, it may well have had a very different outcome (Mark Field remaining in his seat)

All the best,

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Complete over reaction from Field. If, as stated on an earlier post he "didnt hurt the woman, didnt hit her or do anything wrong" then why did he resign the day after? Thug.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. MAHALIA JACKSON...LEFT FIELD SOUND
    All About the SOUL by Guest on Sun 22 Feb 2004
    • 1 / 470
    • on 22 Feb 2004
  2. Ernie Field's On White Wing Mint Minus
    Record Sales by Guest lotusland on Thu 09 Feb 2006
    • 9 / 1033
    • lotusland on 18 Feb 2006
  3. Left Field 60's Northern Soul Choons
    Record Sales by Guest randy on Mon 27 May 2013
    • 1 / 765
    • randy on 27 May 2013
  4. Even More Left Field 60’S Northern Soul Tracks Listen
    Record Sales by Guest randy on Tue 28 May 2013
    • 1 / 845
    • randy on 28 May 2013
  5. Left Field 70’S Us Originals With An Edge
    Record Sales by Guest randy on Tue 28 May 2013
    • 1 / 740
    • randy on 28 May 2013
  6. Left Field Under The Radar 60’S Northern Soul Tracks
    Record Sales by Guest randy on Tue 18 Jun 2013
    • 1 / 767
    • randy on 18 Jun 2013

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.