Mailers for 12" & 7"

Simon T

I shall shortly be looking to buy some record mailers for 12"/PLs and 7", cheap but decent quality ones. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Does it really peeve anyone when they receive a record in a mailer that's in decent nick, but on it's "2nd use"?

Social source share

• 1 month later...
On 25/06/2019 at 06:31, Paul Capon said:

For envelope style and cruciform mailers use

https://www.soundswholesaleltd.co.uk/catalog/seo_sitemap/category/

I went for soulwholesaleltd, the 12" envelope style one. 50 mailers & 100 stiffeners £28.99 and they did deliver within 48 hours at the "THIS ITEM HAS FREE SHIPPING TOTHE WHOLE OF THE UK" rate.

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

I got a record from France today, in a fookin Jiffy bag with a bit of card sellotaped to the sleeve, it actually shocked me cos this guy had 100 % feedback with a score of over 4000, I was shocked it wasn’t snapped , anyway I’ve always used soundwholesale, competitive price and great service

Social source share

15 hours ago, garswood said:

I got a record from France today, in a fookin Jiffy bag with a bit of card sellotaped to the sleeve, it actually shocked me cos this guy had 100 % feedback with a score of over 4000, I was shocked it wasn’t snapped , anyway I’ve always used soundwholesale, competitive price and great service

Lucky escape, I bet Andy Rix wishes the Jiffy bag had never been invented. I once recieved a 7" in great big cornflakes box  turned in side out & folded over

Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 25/06/2019 at 06:31, Paul Capon said:

My last lot were from https://www.defendapack.com/

I bought the cruciform 7” mailers that have the fold in tab.

For envelope style and cruciform mailers use

https://www.soundswholesaleltd.co.uk/catalog/seo_sitemap/category/

When using the cruciform 12" mailer, do people use any extra padding, stiffeners etc?

i have it in my head, it'd would be better to pack things quite tight to avoid movement / slack space rather than pad with bubble-wrap etc.

Social source share

I always send 12” or LPs with two stiffeners with the record taped into the stiffeners. For cheaper items I use the self sealing envelope mailers and for more expensive items I use the full cruciform - both from Sounds Wholesale (I cut my own stiffeners tho’ from boxes and pallet trays found in Costco)  

VERY expensive 7s go in full 7” cruci with stiffeners INSIDE a 12” cruci with stiffeners. Pretty much bullet proof unless it gets run over like the infamous Don Gardner - Cheatin’ Kind that Mr Manship had the mis-fortune to post  

I have NEVER had an item get broken in the post (touch wood).

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!