New Dome Event +new Flyer Gallery

Mike

• Replies 192
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

bloody hell, there are some opinions on here alright. It seems the Djs have become prickly on here when their sets are mentioned. As a paying punter, and one who would have to fill a car up with petrol I want to give my opinion. Over the years, for me, only Butch has been worth travelling too and paying that extra money to listen too. Always something new and some great 70s stuff over the last few years. I have enjoyed Bob Hinsely along the way and Pat Brady, in his prime, was awesome.

Sadly, the majority of DJs left live of the glory of days gone by. Worst still, many days have gone by and still DJs torture us with played out rubbish failing to even play quality oldies or introduce great unplayed 70s. It amazes me!!!

I have heard Nigel Brown and I thought the set was the worst I have ever heard. Talk about bandwagon northern, bros of soul, Nino Tempo, Ronnie Bartel. Mark Bicknall comes a close second. No wonder those shows were late night on cable radio, very late night. I heard nothing new at all. So dont cry like big blubber babies lads, you put yourselves up as offering a service and mugs like me over the years have been short changed by too many pretenders, so dont cry wolf.

only my opinon though

Andy

Hi Mark, Col here.

Ref last Reading all-dayer, was that the one where it all kicked off with Chris Hill & the Canvey Island crew? If it was, then it was certainly a legendary day. The events of that day have often been re-told, most often incorrectly.

Not that I ever knew you that well, but we lost contact again until bumping into each other at a N/Soul week-ender in Devon. Now that was another funny week-end.

Ref, Chalky's recent comments. No I'm not gonna re-read your posts. Last nite it was funny watching you paint yourself into a corner. Re reading it would just be painful. I will, however, be going to the next Dome & if you get ur elitist back side down there I will sort you out a beer..........for being a good sport.

bloody hell, there are some opinions on here alright.  It seems the Djs have become prickly on here when their sets are mentioned. As a paying punter, and one who would have to fill a car up with petrol I want to give my opinion. Over the years, for me,  only Butch has been worth travelling too and paying that extra money to listen too. Always something new and some great 70s stuff over the last few years. I have enjoyed Bob Hinsely along the way and Pat Brady, in his prime, was awesome.

Sadly, the majority of DJs left live of the glory of days gone by. Worst still, many days have gone by and still DJs torture us with played out rubbish failing to even play quality oldies or introduce great unplayed 70s. It amazes me!!!

I have heard Nigel Brown and I thought the set was the worst I have ever heard. Talk about bandwagon northern, bros of soul, Nino Tempo, Ronnie Bartel. Mark Bicknall comes a close second. No wonder those shows were late night on cable radio, very late night. I heard nothing new at all. So dont cry like big blubber babies lads, you put yourselves up as offering a service and mugs like me over the years have been short changed by too many pretenders, so dont cry wolf.

only my opinon though

Andy

link

:rolleyes: Ouch!

Don't pull any punches do you?

I must say I've heard both of the above DJ fairly recently, and can't say that their sets were worthy of such a diatribe....

In their defense, DJing is much more about reading the crowd, as it is playing one offs and cover-ups... and sometimes you do have to play the odd 'over-played' track to keep the dancers happy.

Do you DJ yourself?

Is the rant fed by jealosy, because these two have regular spots at successful niters?

Think you ought to wind your neck in a bit....

Only my opinion of course..... :rolleyes:

WOOF!

:wicked:   Ouch!

Don't pull any punches do you?

I must say I've heard both of the above DJ fairly recently, and can't say that their sets were worthy of such a diatribe....

In their defense, DJing is much more about reading the crowd, as it is playing one offs and cover-ups... and sometimes you do have to play the odd 'over-played' track to keep the dancers happy.

Do you DJ yourself?

Is the rant fed by jealosy, because these two have regular spots at successful niters?

Think you ought to wind your neck in a bit....

Only my opinion of course..... :rolleyes:

WOOF!

link

Well said Pikey! :rolleyes:

Shane

only my opinon though

Andy

link

I can't understand this at all, I have seen Nige Brown DJ loads of times and he is great, he always varies his sets and you never know what you will hear, he doesn't just stick with the same playbox.He is also one of the nicest blokes on the scene.

Marks ok but a crap kisser :rolleyes: only kidding, I have also heard Mark a fair few times and he is a good DJ who always delivers.

Sounds like sour grapes to me and not very nice to read someone being so unkind about two great blokes.

Just my opinion of course.

only my opinon though

Andy

link

Hi Andy,

A steady first post. I can confirm that you definately do have an opinion!!!!! :rolleyes:

Do you play out Andy?

Judging by your label scan you like a bit of 70's.

What venues do you go to?

What's your ideal venue, and who would be playing it and what would they be playing???

I'm sure this will be an interesting few pages of responses!! :wicked:

Jamie :rolleyes:

(p.s. can you narrow down the attack on Bros. Of Soul. They did quite a few, and 'I'd Be Grateful' is one of the best pieces of music I know IMVHO)

Yawn, jelousy? its hilarious that people attach such status to playing records on a turntable in front of lots of beer bellies, very sad indeed, creases me up with laughter. No, people have missed the point completely, as a paying punter I have the right to express my opinion. People like particular DJ styles, some dont, simple to understand and the only person big enough to make me wind my own neck in is me.

Andy

Guest Stuart T

:rolleyes:   Ouch!

Do you DJ yourself?

WOOF!

link

Sounds like sour grapes to me and not very nice to read someone being so unkind about two great blokes.

link

Whilst I wouldn't like to align myself with the rather forthright comments of the poster in question, is it always the case that someone who says that they didn't like a DJ's set must be motivated by envy?

I agree and disagree with many of these posts, but I won't comment on that further at the moment. I don't know some of the characters listed on the flyer nor what they play but I do know Rob Messer and I think he is a pretty good DJ, perhaps not playing pile after pile with £1000+ tunes all night long, but he has a knack for playing decent stuff for the dancefloor (a skill that many lack, regardless of how good records they have) and can definitely be more interesting to listen to than many others I can think of. Alex Jones must be one of the most underrated guys around, if it is the one from Bolton. I heard him DJ for an hour once and it was one of the best spots I had heard in a long time, when I asked him to DJ at our club, which he eventually did, he said that he had never djed at certain well known clubs and so on. "So what?", was my comment. Some good cover ups along with things like the Devotions (Nation), Clarence Townsend(Clara), Kings Of Soul (Down To Earth), Prince Paul & Swinging Imperials (Parker), Classics (Yan G) etc., quality lesser known and underexposed stuff as well as quality oldies like the Professionals is what I have heard him play out. I love many of the overplayed oldies (but dislike even more I guess), but even the best of records become boring if you hear them every time and all the time.

Here we have another member who decides to attack individuals in their first post. I think I am with the majority here in saying this is out of order. I believe if you have a problem with an individual you should contact them off-line or face-to-face.

Nige Brown and Mark Bicknell are top geezers in my opinion! :rolleyes:

nuff said!

Shane

Jaimie

Thorne was my cup of tea as the records were different and proggresive regardless of era. Sadly, all I have heard over the last few years is same old same old bang bang bang bang bang. Regarding the bros of soul 'Grateful' is now a bandewagon oldie, although yes, a great record. How about their version of 'Dream'? as spun at Thorne, see something different, does not take much effort does it lads and lasses to play a different 45 from the norm. Talking about the bros of soul "Guess that dont make me a loser" is an awesome slowie, done by Ruby Andrews also I think. Something different . Neck wound back in :rolleyes:

Andy

only my opinon though

Andy

Nice one Andy!

Iv been DJing too long not to realise that that theres ALWAYS people in the room who thinks your shite!!

I repeat its been months and months since i played the Nino Tempo thing i dont even own one anymore..... and if you mean JOHNNY BARTEL ( not Ronnie Bartel!!) i sold that over 3 years ago at The Aquarius.....Brothers if Soul is a very popular Oldie at the moment/// and that is played at the Rare nites as well as Oldies Do's

I can tell by your comments you OBVIOUSLY havent got a clue about any current set i may be playing..... Il be the first to admit im NO Butch or Andy Dyson and i dont try to be in ANY way...i Know my place in running of things!!!

Its beyond me why you have a pop at Mark Bicknel but that is your rite!!

All i can suggest bro if ya see me non a flyer for god sake save ya petrol and dont go that venue and dont blubber about wasting your fuel

I value your oppion and will try to improve

Nige B Stafford

Here we have another member who decides to attack individuals in their first post. I think I am with the majority here in saying this is out of order. I believe if you have a problem with an individual you should contact them off-line or face-to-face.

Nige Brown and Mark Bicknell are top geezers in my opinion! :rolleyes:

nuff said!

Shane

Shane, they probably are top 'geezers' and your loyalty to them is appreciated but I pays my money and never enjoyed what I heard because it was nothing NEW to my ears. It is not a personal attack, its an opinion on musical DJs, simple to understand. DJs, by working for a venue, in essence, are saying "I am good at what I do so what do you think public?" this is a public platform I responded on here in public. So in my opinion it would be pointless to email them privately as they do not DJ in private, in the same capacity. I give up on this thread, people are not clever enough to understand my point. Just not clever enough.

Andy

only my opinon though

Andy

Nice one Andy!

Iv been DJing too long not to realise that that theres ALWAYS people in the room who thinks your shite!!

I repeat its been months and months since i played the Nino Tempo thing i dont even own one anymore..... and if you mean JOHNNY BARTEL ( not Ronnie Bartel!!) i sold that over 3 years ago at The Aquarius.....Brothers if Soul is a very popular Oldie at the moment/// and that is played at the Rare nites as well as Oldies Do's

I can tell by your comments you OBVIOUSLY havent got a clue about any current set i may be playing..... Il be the first to admit im NO Butch or Andy Dyson and i dont try to be in ANY way...i Know my place in running of things!!!

Its beyond me why you have a pop at Mark Bicknel but that is your rite!!

All i can suggest bro if ya see me non a flyer for god sake save ya petrol and dont go that venue and dont blubber about wasting your fuel

I value your oppion and will try to improve

Nige B Stafford

Nige

You are missing my point, the clues are in the comparisons I made in my first post, read it again. Ronnie, Johny, thats irrelevant, great record but I, as a punter, want new refreshing sounds and you, along with the guy from the radio, do not serve them up, simple to understand. Its nothing personal, please, its just my lust for new stuff, I dont get it. Why is it everyone appears to be on the rag today?

Andy

Jaimie

Thorne was my cup of tea as the records were different and proggresive regardless of era. Sadly, all I have heard over the last few years is same old same old bang bang bang bang bang. Regarding the bros of soul 'Grateful' is now a bandewagon oldie, although yes, a great record. How about their version of 'Dream'? as spun at Thorne, see something different, does not take much effort does it lads and lasses to play a different 45 from the norm. Talking about the bros of soul "Guess that dont make me a loser" is an awesome slowie, done by Ruby Andrews also I think. Something different . Neck wound back in  :D

Andy

link

Thanks for the reply. :D

Being a whipper-snapper I never went to Thorne, but heard good things.

In terms of certain tracks being 'played-out', I think it can sometimes be regional. You can play a track to death in Yorks/East Coast and perhaps very few have heard it out in the South-West etc. I can honestly say that in the last 3-4 years I can count on one hand the places that I've heard it played out. (OK, I've only been to 5 venues :rolleyes: )

You mentioned Pat Brady earlier, he's joined our night in Leeds on a monthly basis, and if you went to Thorne, you should be fairly local. Why don't you come to the next one in February and see what you think. You can then decide whether he's past his prime!!!! :wicked:

Andy,

Here's a few Pat played at our last night:

GARRETT SAUNDERS A DAY OR TWO SIR ROCK W/D

PRIMBOCK SKIGGS THAT WAS YESTERDAY PZAZZ

ISONICS SUGAR CAMMY

BETTY LLOYD I'M CATCHING ON BRC

MAJOR LANCE THINK NOTHING ABOUT IT OKEH D EP

SPYDER TURNER I'VE GOT TO GET MYSELF TOGETHER GOODTIME

LIZ LANDS MIDNITE JOHNNY UNISSUED VERSION

JIMMY RUFFIN YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE HER UNISSUED MOTOWN

EDWIN STARR MY KIND OF WOMAN RIC TIC

BUDDY MILES I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE PRIORITY W/D

I wouldn't class those as played out....... what do you think????

Jamie

Edited by Jamie

want new refreshing sounds and you, along with the guy from the radio, do not serve them up, simple to understand.

I really do take your point...BUT there is only a handful of DJs who can do what your looking for Andy...and thats the way its ALWAYS been!!

Theres ONLY one venue at the moment that can TRULY live up to this IMHO and thats the LIFELINE dos at Sheridans

I cant see that all venues can play NEW , FRESH stuff ...theyd fall flat on there Arse and be very poorly attended....SAD but VERY true!!

Thats why clubs like the Lifeline are so Special!"""

But i defy ANYONE to run clubs like that theres days on a regular basis all over the country and be successful!! Itl NEVER work!!

Nige B

Guest lagerlout

hi andy

very interesting comments you have there,i for one have been to many

venues up and down the country for many years,and the said mentioned have always played to the best crowds.so that goes to show that there doing something right,did you say you d.j..well let us all know when your next on and we will all come down and give you our opinion of your set

Andy,

You are allowed your opinion however Nige is just a regular guy who doesnt claim to be the best. He is booked to play records to a more times than not receptive crowd. To say he is the WORST is a bit harsh though mate. Why single out one person if he is the culprit of playing the same as everyone else? It would have been much more positive to list the kind of records that do not do it for you. We could then have a genuine discussion without upsetting individuals.

Nige is not the enemy he is one of us - Simon Cowell is the enemy! :rolleyes:

Shane

Andy,

Here's a few Pat played at our last night:

GARRETT SAUNDERS A DAY OR TWO SIR ROCK W/D

ISONICS SUGAR CAMMY

MAJOR LANCE THINK NOTHING ABOUT IT OKEH D EP

JIMMY RUFFIN YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE HER UNISSUED MOTOWN

BUDDY MILES I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE PRIORITY W/D

Jamie

Some nice stuff Jamie, some great oldies worth listening too, a bit different indeed, this is what I think

Garret Saunders - Ex Saus (Mickie champion) 80ts c/up

Primbock - Excellent

Isonics - Wigan spin made good over last couple of years

Betty - Great oldie and worth a listen

Major Lance - Good oldie and a bit different

Spyder Turner - Good oldie and a bit different

Liz Lands - Dub from jobete acetate, mastertapes or CD I presume

Jimmy Ruffin - Over played

Edwin Starr - Massive Oldie but better than the 100 mph flip

Buddy Miles - Good oldie

Andy

Some nice stuff Jamie, some great oldies worth listening too, a bit different indeed, this is what I think

Garret Saunders  -  Ex Saus (Mickie champion) 80ts c/up

Primbock  -  Excellent

Isonics  -  Wigan spin made good over last couple of years

Betty  -  Great oldie and worth a listen

Major Lance  -  Good oldie and a bit different

Spyder Turner  -  Good oldie and a bit different

Liz Lands  -  Dub from jobete acetate, mastertapes  or CD I presume

Jimmy Ruffin  -  Over played

Edwin Starr  -  Massive Oldie but better than the 100 mph flip

Buddy Miles  -  Good oldie

Andy

link

It'd be nice if you could give us a 'Top 10' of stuff you'd like to hear. It'd be interesting just to see what your tastes are, if you wouldn't mind???

p.s. Pat plays quite a bit of 70's/Crossover these days, as do I, so our nights aren't just 60's orientated.

It'd be nice if you could give us a 'Top 10' of stuff you'd like to hear. It'd be interesting just to see what your tastes are, if you wouldn't mind???

Jamie  :rolleyes:

p.s. Pat plays quite a bit of 70's/Crossover these days, as do I, so our nights aren't just 60's orientated.

link

Not a problem Jamie. Here are some records from my collection I have been playing this morning actually. Its been good today.

Paegants are you ever coming home rca

vicki anderson wide awake in a dream deluxe

Jock mitchell no mad woman golden hit prod

denna johnson & ricky davis showdown simpson

unlimited four walk away lover chanson

jerry butler I'm the one who loves you dynasty (rare alt take)

little hank try to understand ss7

little charles its a heartache Decca (canada)

na allen everytime it rains ronn

na allen thanks for nothing atco

babara mason you better stop it arctic

debbie taylor never gonna let him know gwp

(big tip this one)

darrow fletcher what have I got now jacklyn

not mainly all-niter sounds just good home soul listening. for those of you interested in Mickie Champion click on https://www.echoparkrecords.com/frameset.htm

and listen to her voice. what a night in LA that was and dont bother asking if she has a 50 count, trust me, she hasn't :rolleyes:

Andy

Whilst I wouldn't like to align myself with the rather forthright comments of the poster in question, is it always the case that someone who says that they didn't like a DJ's set must be motivated by envy?

Oh stu, will remind you of this when you hear me DJ on Friday and then complain :rolleyes:

Guest Stuart T

Oh stu, will remind you of this when you hear me DJ on Friday and then complain  :rolleyes:

link

I won't be complaining, just let me know when I can take the earplugs out :rolleyes:

Not a problem Jamie. Here are some records from my collection I have been playing this morning actually. Its been good today.

Paegants   are you ever coming home   rca

vicki anderson   wide awake in a dream    deluxe

Jock mitchell    no mad woman    golden hit prod

denna johnson & ricky davis     showdown   simpson

unlimited four   walk away lover    chanson

jerry butler   I'm the one who loves you  dynasty (rare alt take)

little hank   try to understand ss7

little charles    its a heartache   Decca (canada)

na allen   everytime it rains   ronn

na allen  thanks for nothing   atco

babara mason   you better stop it   arctic

debbie taylor   never gonna let him know   gwp

(big tip this one)

darrow fletcher   what have I got now   jacklyn

not mainly all-niter sounds just good home soul listening. for those of you interested in   Mickie Champion  click on https://www.echoparkrecords.com/frameset.htm

and listen to her voice. what a night in LA that was and dont bother asking if she has a 50 count, trust me, she hasn't  :rolleyes:

Andy

link

what in essence you are saying is that so many records that can or should be played dont get played cos most if not all jocks at dos tend to follow the same method/play tables........... I can agree with that a bit too much emphasis these days on price and who else is playing it.

Edited by headsy

Paegants   are you ever coming home   rca

vicki anderson   wide awake in a dream    deluxe

Jock mitchell    no mad woman    golden hit prod

denna johnson & ricky davis     showdown   simpson

unlimited four   walk away lover    chanson

jerry butler   I'm the one who loves you  dynasty (rare alt take)

little hank   try to understand ss7

little charles    its a heartache   Decca (canada)

na allen   everytime it rains   ronn

na allen  thanks for nothing   atco

babara mason   you better stop it   arctic

debbie taylor   never gonna let him know   gwp

(big tip this one)

darrow fletcher   what have I got now   jacklyn

not mainly all-niter sounds just good home soul listening. for those of you interested in   Mickie Champion  click on https://www.echoparkrecords.com/frameset.htm

and listen to her voice. what a night in LA that was and dont bother asking if she has a 50 count, trust me, she hasn't  :rolleyes:

Andy

link

Some nice stuff there, Andy.

Does Debbie Taylor do anything bad?? Na Allen & Darrow Fletcher have been getting a hammering for a while, but both quality IMVHO.

Bringing it back to playing that stuff out, and I know you said it was home listening, but sometimes you have to cut your cloth accordingly, and if anyone was to play that set about 12:00ish, And whilst I'm sure it would be appreciated, wouldn't get 100% backing from the dancefloor.

I personally would love it, but not everyone goes out to listen, they go out to dance. It's about striking a balance, and reading what you can & can't get away with.

Here's my first set the other week from 8:00:

Gwen McCrae Lead Me On Columbia

Dells Make Sure Cadet

Royal Esquires Our Love Use To Be Prix

Esther Phillips Nobody But You Roulette

Harry Deal & Galaxies You're Always In My Mind Eclipse

Bobby Sheen I May Not Be What You Want WB

Margie Joseph One More Chance Volt

Odds & Ends Let Me Try Today

Ila Vann You Made Me This Way PIP

21st Century Shadows Of A Memory Dot

LaVerne Baker I'm The One To Do It Brunswick

Virgil Henry You Ain't Saying Nothing New Tamla

Not exactly gonna set the dancefloor on fire and not the rarest in the world, but early doors just the right tempo to warm things up.

My set at 12:00 was completely different.

Point I'm trying to get across is it's so difficult to keep everyone happy, and sometimes you have to make allowances for what the crowd wants or the dancefloor demands. I can tell you know your onions, it's just that not everyone else is a collector, and therefore quite sure their opinions of Nige & Mark differ wildly from yours.

Incidently, Mark is putting a new night on in March @ Sheridans designed purposely for Rare & Underplayed Detroit & Chicago in one room, and 'Home Listening Soul' i.e. Down & Mid-Tempo 60's/70's stuff in the other. (What a stable of events Sheridans can boast!).

There are venues out there to cater, you just got to go out and attend them!!

Edited by Jamie

Yawn, jelousy? its hilarious that people attach such status to playing records on a turntable in front of lots of beer bellies, very sad indeed, creases me up with laughter. No, people have missed the point completely, as a paying punter I have the right to express my opinion. People like particular DJ styles, some dont, simple to understand and the only person big enough to make me wind my own neck in is me.

Andy

link

You and me will get on mate.

Shame about the shite record on your avatar :rolleyes:

link

No of course not. If I heard a dj playing 'across the board' I'd probably say his spot was shit in my opinion because he'd be playing music I don't like.

this is so boring - but I had over 10 requests for those 2 copies I had 3 weeks back

Catacombs/Mecca spin

Wigan oldie

I had the original acetate of this, Stuart Tyler has it now

Catacombs oldie

Well one of em certainly isn't...

vicki anderson wide awake in a dream deluxe

the King version is way better produced

Jock mitchell no mad woman golden hit prod

Sold this to Mick..never seen one since...then someone ofeferd me one as a swap this week

debbie taylor never gonna let him know gwp

(big tip this one)

surely too common to do anything though?

not mainly all-niter sounds just good home soul listening. for those of you interested in Mickie Champion click on https://www.echoparkrecords.com/frameset.htm

and listen to her voice.

I THOUGHT IT WAS A BLOKE!!!

Andy

============

Guess you're the only person big enough to get your head out of your arse as well....pompous twat!

You and me will get on mate.

Shame about the shite record on your avatar :rolleyes:

===============

How you gonna get on with him Pete, he's saying the people that buy your records are uneducated dullards.......or am I reading his comments all wrong?

Winnie:-)

Well one of em certainly isn't...

link

The smell of a kill doesn't take long to waft through the pages of Soul Source.......... :rolleyes:

A pleasure as always Pete. :rolleyes:

Jamie

Guest Stuart T

==============

Dave and Janine getting lost on their way home???? You wouldn't have to sell your soul to the devil for that wish to come to fruition :D   :rolleyes:

Winnie:-)

link

I don't know where I got the idea that they might get lost from. :wicked: I still maintain that they hid from me after offering me a lift home the other week. Fortunately I was rescued by someone who knew the way. :rolleyes:

bloody hell, there are some opinions on here alright.  It seems the Djs have become prickly on here when their sets are mentioned. As a paying punter, and one who would have to fill a car up with petrol I want to give my opinion. Over the years, for me,  only Butch has been worth travelling too and paying that extra money to listen too. Always something new and some great 70s stuff over the last few years. I have enjoyed Bob Hinsely along the way and Pat Brady, in his prime, was awesome.

only my opinon though

Andy

link

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, I respect that right.

However, it doesn't mean that your opinion is shared by the majority of Heople who attend venues, and that is the key point here. Both Nige Brown and Mark Bicknell are hired to fill dancefloors, and both of then do that admirably.

I'll be honest, I don't always enjoy all of Nige's sets (Too much disco music for me) but when I look at the dancefloor it tends to be as busy for those as it does for the Sixties stuff.

So where is your problem ?

I suggest you stop going out altogether, then you won't be disappointed when you get there, and you won't have wasted money on petrol to watch a DJ fill a dancefloor, in a dancehall, on what is still essentially a dancing scene.

As someone who also DJs quite regularly I can tell you it is incredibly difficult to

1) find new stuff to play that hasn't already been played somewhere at sometime, by someone else, and

2) finding the right venue to play 'new' records at. 90% of venues won't accept a stream of new / unknown records, that's not what 90% of people paid their petrol money for, and

3) Even if you do find a great unknown the majority of venues are only on monthly, and unless you are resident at a venue, you might not DJ to the same crowd (So that your unknown becomes known) for at least three months.

In addition, probably a quarter to a third of my spot has already been requested before I reach the decks. Do I ignore the people who have paid to hear me DJ, or do I play their requests ?

As I said, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are out of step with the majority of people who attend venues all over the country, and unless you have been a DJ or promoter, you have no experience of the different factors that come into play before you even drop the needle onto the first record.

Oh yeah, a surname from you would be handy, then at least we know who you are, otherwise it just becomes an anonymous rant doesn't it.

Edited by Dave Rimmer