• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Shufflin
17 minutes ago, Scotters said:

B side to latest 45 and not on the recent LP👍

reason I bought the 45, really strong sound

Social source share

Charles Bradley - “Lucifer”

One of two recently released posthumous recordings from the late and VERY great Charles Bradley, I believe recorded while he was sadly undergoing chemo for stomach cancer in 2016. What a voice and what a collection of recordings he’s left us with.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

From email got a while back.

Daptone Shop 45 Flash Sale!
We are continuing our celebration of our 100th 45 with a one day 45 flash-sale! For one day only on release day, June 28th, all 45s (excluding the 100th) will be 25% off with code: THEFAMILYDAPTONE. The sale is on at 12am EST through 11:59pm EST on Friday June 28thONLY.

PLUS!

Custom 45 sleeve bundles will be re-stocked.

THREE new t-shirts will be available featuring more alternate Daptone logos.

All label t-shirts, excluding the new designs, will be 20% off with code: HEYBROTHER

Edited by Richard
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tobytyke said:

Is this available to buy and if so where from?

Download only as far as I can see.. itunes, apple music, spotify etc. Would be lovely if both sides made it to a 45 with pic sleeve and liner notes to honour him. Fingers crossed!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

this is great, new soul release and only 150 pressed, 45 only

https://stoicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/stoic-records-presents-lauren-brydie-mama-t

I like the way they explain the very limited 45 release:

This double single release features an energetic A-side 'No Good'. A refreshing anthem for those stuck in a relationship that is destined to fail. Lauren Brydie channels her inner Betty Harris and Etta James to deliver a stunning one-take performance that demonstrates her vocal mastery and musicality.

The B-side release 'Come Home' is a luscious 6/8 ballad performed by Mama T, a side project of Melbourne's very own high priestess of RnB Thando. 'Come Home' sees Mama T bare her soul, writing about the void that is left when someone dear to you leaves your life.

For the moment, these tracks are exclusively available on 7" (vinyl). We'll make them available to stream soon enough, but for now Stoic Records has decided to release this way to make the listening experience extra-special for those who enjoy physically listening to music

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 27/06/2019 at 07:20, Scotters said:

Download only as far as I can see.. itunes, apple music, spotify etc. Would be lovely if both sides made it to a 45 with pic sleeve and liner notes to honour him. Fingers crossed!

it's getting a vinyl release soon

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Richard said:

https://m.soundcloud.com/s7oul/jesse-graham-when-i-think-of-my-baby 

pre release orders on this now. Both sides are nice 👍 

First time available on 7” - yellow or black vinyl to choose from

and the flip

https://m.soundcloud.com/s7oul/jesse-graham-love-talk-re-edit

Thanks for reminding me about that...listened to the CD loads when it first came out in ‘94..shame he didn’t go on to record more, or maybe he did?

Social source share

23 minutes ago, Scotters said:

Thanks for reminding me about that...listened to the CD loads when it first came out in ‘94..shame he didn’t go on to record more, or maybe he did?

know of these two which I like and a track called Haters Gonna Hate which I think is awful 👍

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

the Daptone 100th arrived today, really impressed with this, they have really pushed the boat with this package: picture disc 45 in an LP plastic sleeve backed by 12" card with very detailed notes about each track, it came with an additional standard black 45 of the same tracks with a nice art sleeve, plus a 3' by 2' quality poster of all 100 45's ever released by Daptone

amazing value!

the only downer was the £13 customs charge, the postie said it's random if you get hit with it

the music comes first though and it's great

Edited by Shufflin
typos
Social source share

Agreed excellent package, mine was here when I got home from work today.

Yes I got hit for £14 odd for customs duty as well grrrrr!!

Mind you on balance they haven’t done me for years for the tax lol

Have seen treasure hunt thing now to get the really limited clear single with section of master tape set in it

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

first time on vinyl, a long lost album, just finished listening to it after work, it's quite diverse track/sound wise and very good

9th.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!