New Soul Releases - The Summer of 2019

Guest Shufflin

Taking a bit of a punt.

There’s a 7” due out soon on pink vinyl female singer too early for pre order at the moment fantastic dancer - do you think I wrote it or took a screenshot - of course I didn’t - can anyone give me a clue from the vague description above? 😬

Social source share

• Replies 133
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, Enricoacm1899 said:

Still waitin' for that and a lot of other stuff. Italian posts these days are so sloooooooooow. Hope anything didn't get lost

I got this back from Jeff at the label the I asked the other day:

"All international orders were shipped on July 8 to approximately arrive in time for the July 19 official release date.

Canada Post is reliable, but not easy to precisely pin down.  I'm surprised to hear that someone's already recieved their copy, but yours should be there by friday.  

Please let us know if it's not in your hands by end-of-day on Monday the 22nd because its officially late at that time."

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Fishdockroad said:

https://www.raretoones.com/?fbclid=IwAR0yv8JgeRPqS-Tu5JvpEwwAJkgGitqRGZxyW3BgWmwUnA3HMI_CsiuDtnI 

On Facebook as well Seano though if I recall their site wasn't showing the Promos.

Cheers Fish (?) - I've now bookmarked that site. 

I don't know if it's all copies bought from any supplier, but mine came with a little sticker, as did the last release I bought from Kimberlite. I'll upload a photo in a mo.

(I'm just Sean by the way, but when I joined the site it wouldn't let me just use that so I just added the O from my surname and that was ok).

Social source share

Ordered my copy on 17th June and same arrived today, with a likkle cloth Rare Toones-'some like it rare' circular label. Primarily ordered it for the flip side....an absolute belter!! Also arrived today from Big Crown-Carla and the Carlettes-Groovin'....and from Colemine, Kelly Finnigan's 'Trouble', the flip side to 'Catch me i'm falling'. These will get some hammer this coming weekend!!!!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Okehsoul1952 said:

Ordered my copy on 17th June and same arrived today, with a likkle cloth Rare Toones-'some like it rare' circular label.

8 minutes ago, Fishdockroad said:

Nice. Hopefully I'll get the same when mine arrive. I also got an old school sew on patch from them but can't remember if that was from raretoons or direct from Kimberlite.

Like the idea of a cloth patch - I never used to sew mine on but they're nice in their own right.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 10/07/2019 at 15:12, Richard said:

Taking a bit of a punt.

There’s a 7” due out soon on pink vinyl female singer too early for pre order at the moment fantastic dancer - do you think I wrote it or took a screenshot - of course I didn’t - can anyone give me a clue from the vague description above? 😬

Maybe you're thinking of the Barbara Howard reissue? https://www.coleminerecords.com/collections/store/products/rmnd107

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
52 minutes ago, Richard said:

See Juno had some copies of The Love Rights for just over £20 that went in a flash

B side is a cracker

love rights.jpg

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

this B side is so good, arrived today and already a fav of mine

whoever is responsible for mixing this I want to say what an amazing high quality audio sound this is, not just the song itself but the production value - it just sounds great on the deck

josh.jpg

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

27 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

this B side is so good, arrived today and already a fav of mine

whoever is responsible for this I want to say what an amazing high quality audio sound this is, not just the song itself but the production value - it just sounds great on the deck

josh.jpg

Neil Hanratty and the late lovely Val Twomey who the release is dedicated to.

CD18645F-FFEF-47A7-B342-3716149738C9.jpeg.c02bac415a9c19836cddf870d8a4a587.jpegPatrick Biggerstaff runs Izipho label.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 24/07/2019 at 23:12, Shufflin said:

love it, great LP, some nice surprises in terms of change of mood and tempo

ampex.jpg

Just been notified mines on its way from the States 😁

The Carlton Jumel Smith just had message from Jukka from Timmion saying Woman You Made Me will be via UK sellers but hasn’t given me the release date so I’ve asked again 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!