• Replies 15
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This is the discussion topic for article

Jon B just posted a news article regarding a upcoming presentation as part of a Weekend Dedicated to Northern Soul @ one of Switzerland's top Art Galleries Kunsthalle,,

hit the link to read

No offence to anyone, but I'd rather make Cleethorpes this year...

Social source share

No offence to anyone, but I'd rather make Cleethorpes this year...

This Can't Be Compared to Cleethorpes @ All....Cleethorpes Is A Top Northern Soul Weekender, That set standards that other try to follow.....What is going on in Basel in Switzerland is NOT A NORTHERN SOUL WEEKENDER, but what I would say is a few things going on with the Northern Soul Theme ! ! ! ! & it's Probably Not the kind of thing that you would want to travel Hundreds of Miles to see, But if you was in the area you would find it rather interesting....& Who knows this may be something that Lorenzo may eventually be showing elsewhere....So yes save your money for Cleethorpes Rocciapost-2461-1167401983.jpg

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

Social source share

As part of its Northern Soul Cultural strategy Wigan LCT should offer an invite to this exhibition and mount it as part of next year's dance Fusion festival. I'm sure Russ Winstanley could offer some advice.

Russ would do quite well, but as someone kindly said to me, It's good to hear & see some of the Pictures & Topics from The Allnighter Scene especialy through they grey years mid to late 80's....that isn't The Same old Same old....

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

Social source share

Jon, for those that won't be able to make it, will you do photo's etc as a follow up to the main artical?

Plus; why does it take the Swiss to do an art's expo like this or do the London Galleries or others to that matter not see this as a welcomed feature? Just a thought :unsure:

I say well done to Lorenzo & Jon, perhaps Lorenzo can be persuaded to bring the presentation to the UK.

Edited by lloydee
Social source share

Jon, for those that won't be able to make it, will you do photo's etc as a follow up to the main artical?

Plus; why does it take the Swiss to do an art's expo like this or do the London Galleries or others to that matter not see this as a welcomed feature? Just a thought

I say well done to Lorenzo & Jon, perhaps Lorenzo can be persuaded to bring the presentation to the UK.

If you havn't seen my foto's some can be seen here on Soul-Source @

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...&cmd=albums

There are nearly 300 or so in different Albums RSG Hall of Fame Vol 1 & 2 etcpost-2461-1167408364_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jon Buck

Social source share

Jon,

BTW Lorenzo Cirrincione doesn't sound very Swiss - Suisse - Schweitz - Svizzero...

Is he from (or got roots from) my same country, innit...?

Roccia

P.S. Don't trust their chocolate... Cadbury's the real deal... :unsure:

Social source share

Jon,BTW Lorenzo Cirrincione doesn't sound very Swiss - Suisse - Schweitz - Svizzero...

Is he from (or got roots from) my same country, innit...?Roccia

P.S. Don't trust their chocolate... Cadbury's the real deal...

post-2461-1167412707.jpg

I know what you mean A french guy from Paris with an Italian Name, Who talk's English like a German & doing an Art Expo in Switzerland ? ? ? ? You can't get more European than that. And on top of that Lorenzo is actualy a Top Bloke....

ps....isn't Cadbury's a rude word in Switzerland ? ? ? ? post-2461-1167412805.jpg

JB

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Jon, say well done to Lorenzo, perhaps Lorenzo can be persuaded to bring the presentation to the UK.

I think that would be the plan as this is The World Premier of this event....I shall keep S-S posted.

Jon Buck

ps staying @ Novotel Schoenaustrasse Basel

Social source share

Hi Jon & Sue i hope this goes well for you,you could do with some credit for your photo's this scene of ours would have been in a sorry state if you had not taken the photo's way back in the early days of 6ts,which have now become more important since the recent days of the 100 club..

we wish you well and have a great time in switzerland,and keep off the chocolate it makes you hyper :D

best

Toby & Mandy..

Social source share

This is the discussion topic for article: Northern Soul Expo in Switzerland

Jon B just posted a news article regarding a upcoming presentation as part of a Weekend Dedicated to Northern Soul @ one of Switzerland's top Art Galleries Kunsthalle,,

hit the link to read

Its all writen in foreign,and could see I Levine`s name in the corner,bet you nobody turns up. :D

Social source share

Hi Jon & Sue i hope this goes well for you,you could do with some credit for your photo's this scene of ours would have been in a sorry state if you had not taken the photo's way back in the early days of 6ts,which have now become more important since the recent days of the 100 club..we wish you well and have a great time in switzerland,and keep off the chocolate it makes you hyper bestToby & Mandy.

I know it's Not Hollywood or the Canne Film Festival, But what an honour to be involved....

JB

Social source share

I hope that there's a good review of this after the event.

Really hope it goes well - maybe a bit of a tour across Europe? any plans?

Had to chuckle when I 'read' this though:

23.00 im letzten Raum im Erdgeschoss:

DJ-Performance von k&k

Aus Defekten, Fehlern und St¶rungen manipulierter Schallplatten baut das DJ-Team k&k an vier Plattenspielern einen Soundtrack zwischen Minimal, Techno und Ambient. Grober Plattenbau in feinster Handarbeit von Nele Konopka (Berlin) und Andreas Kragler (N¼rnberg).

Yep, a bit of authentic Techno should just finish it off nicely lol, those wacky europeans!

Jamie :thumbsup:

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

I hope that there's a good review of this after the event. Yep, a bit of authentic Techno should just finish it off nicely lol, those wacky europeans! Jamie

Don't worry The Techno should be in Separate rooms, & If not @ least it won't be played @ the same time :D

Jon Buck

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!