Northumberland Northern Soul Scene

Hi Folks,

If our plans come to fruition we should be moving from the Manchester area to Northumberland (near Alnwick) in early 2020.

Is there much of a scene in Northumberland?  I see the odd event in Berwick, but aside from that, there appears to be little in the area.

Happy to travel to events, making new pals and sharing petrol costs/driving duties.

Have co-promoted events in the North West for around 20 years and am a collector and reluctant DJ.  Keen to meet like-minded 'souls' and attend events, especially rarer events with an OVO policy.

Am a scooterist too.

Hope to get a heads-up on the scene and events in the region.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

Chris

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

27 minutes ago, scooterboy said:

Hi Folks,

If our plans come to fruition we should be moving from the Manchester area to Northumberland (near Alnwick) in early 2020.

Is there much of a scene in Northumberland?  I see the odd event in Berwick, but aside from that, there appears to be little in the area.

Happy to travel to events, making new pals and sharing petrol costs/driving duties.

Have co-promoted events in the North West for around 20 years and am a collector and reluctant DJ.  Keen to meet like-minded 'souls' and attend events, especially rarer events with an OVO policy.

Am a scooterist too.

Chris

Hi Chris , Brian Cardno is your man - djs & promotes ‘Soul on the Tweed ‘ & Barrels . He’s a good source of info . Nice & vibrant scene in and around Newcastle and a Weekender in 2020 in Tynemouth. Although I’m not on Facebook there’s a North East Soul site . https://m.facebook.com/NorthEastSoulEvents/?locale2=en_GB

Edited by Andybellwood
Social source share

19 hours ago, scooterboy said:

Hi Folks,

Am a scooterist too.

Chris

Chris. Trust you are well and safe :hatsoff2:  Good luck with the move mate. On a personal note i can recommend Paul  Conroy,s.  Soul at the Fed.

Got some good friends up un the North East , drop me a pm if there's anything you fancy having a look at and I will do some digging for you. Cheers mate 

Social source share

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Chris. Trust you are well and safe :hatsoff2:  Good luck with the move mate. On a personal note i can recommend Paul  Conroy,s.  Soul at the Fed.

Got some good friends up un the North East , drop me a pm if there's anything you fancy having a look at and I will do some digging for you. Cheers mate 

Many thanks Steve.

Will drop you a PM.

Chris

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Paul Conroy said:

Hi Chris 

Moving to Alnwick class mate i’ll Message you with info re events in the north east mate there is loads of soul events and scooter clubs etc 

That's smashing Paul.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!