Chris Turnbull profile photo

Soulful Sunday - Get them up now!!

Posted

Been thinking for a while, we could do with a Sunday version of 'Feel Good Friday'

Just whatever sounds good and soulful to you - inspirational, deep, jazz, whatever - here's a couple to kick off:-

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

1990 UK release. 

Sunday. 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, neiljon31 said:

1990 UK release. 

Sunday. 

Tune 😎

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Staying in the early 90’s. Another U.K. release. There’s a rich seam of soul to be had there.

vibes 

 

video aint aged aged too well maybe !!

Edited by neiljon31
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Brilliant Chris, a new rich seam, should be great, well done 👍

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, Soul Hippy said:

Brilliant Chris, a new rich seam, should be great, well done 👍

Thanks 😃 

Hopefully a few more will catch on - for some reason audio lists don't show up on the main homepage so it will rely on a few regulars to keep posting

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Riviera September Rain

its Monday I know. Sticking with that early (ish) 90’s UK groove.1994

 On the e-zee label which is home to a few gems.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7VzibJtflxE

Here’s another on E-Zee. 1993

Gems for Jem “Time For Love”

 

 

  • Listening 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Love Randy Crawford, and especially this one - always hear something new in it - lovely

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Just spinning this again for the first time in ages - Aretha 'Don't let me lose this dream'

 

 

  • Up vote 2
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

They don' come much more Soulful Than this JEM............

 

 

  • Up vote 2
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Another from ‘85, one of the finest indie 45’s you’ll come across with Love Pains on the flip. 

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Good Morning Soul Fans 😀 but not so Sunny In Scunny, not sure about where you are but this will put a smile on your face with luck 😎

A play of mine from 1994 and yes it still gets an outing these days, Love It!.......Enjoy, Rick

 

 

  • Up vote 1
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Good Morning Soul Fans 😀 but not so Sunny In Scunny, not sure about where you are but this will put a smile on your face with luck 😎

A play of mine from 1994 and yes it still gets an outing these days, Love It!.......Enjoy, Rick

Bought that when it came out Rick but not heard it for ages 😎

Great voice Phil Perry

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
20 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Bought that when it came out Rick but not heard it for ages 😎

Great voice Phil Perry

So many great CDs came out in the 90s Chris, some which would probably only have one track on it you could play out for the Dancers and like me you were on the ball lol, like so many others were too.There was a lot of folks though wouldn't touch CDs back then and some of them have become quite hard to come by. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

So many great CDs came out in the 90s Chris, some which would probably only have one track on it you could play out for the Dancers and like me you were on the ball lol, like so many others were too.There was a lot of folks though wouldn't touch CDs back then and some of them have become quite hard to come by. 

Spot on there Rick - here's another CD only track I used to play a lot but not for ages now. Great version of 'A Song for you' on the same CD

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Nice mellow start to a sunny Sunday

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Weather related vibes from ‘91

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Too good for words, more mellow

 

 

 

 

 

 

     

Edited by Soul Hippy

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 01/07/2019 at 18:42, Chris Turnbull said:

Thanks 😃 

Hopefully a few more will catch on - for some reason audio lists don't show up on the main homepage so it will rely on a few regulars to keep posting

Excellent idea for a thread :thumbup: and some cracking choices already. That Willie Clayton track is a belter - I think it's the only one of his Kirstee releases that was not included on the About Time comp that came out around 1992, although "Love pains" was included on that.

Since it's not Sunday I won't post anything yet but you've all been warned ... :wave:

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest profile photo
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  1. You Know You Dont Want Them Sell Them To Me
    Record Wants by Reforee on Wed 31 Dec 2008
    • 3 / 806
    • reforee on 31 Dec 2008
    • 1 / 880
    • ADY POUNTAIN on 24 Aug 2012
  2. Most Soulful And Least Soulful Lnsrumental
    Look At Your Box by Guest on Tue 31 Mar 2009
    • 44 / 1599
    • kevinsoulman on 04 Apr 2009
  3. In-Demand Soulful Funk/rnb 45....tommy Bass - This Is My Thing (Soulful)
    Record Sales by The Milk Man on Tue 20 Nov 2012
    • 1 / 587
    • The Milk Man on 20 Nov 2012
  4. Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - Soulful Love 45
    Record Sales by Daz on Thu 14 Aug 2014
    • 1 / 408
    • Daz on 14 Aug 2014
  5. October Across The Board Soulful Sales. 40 Soulful 45s!
    Record Sales by Harrogatesoul on Tue 08 Oct 2019
    • 1 / 417
    • Harrogatesoul on 08 Oct 2019

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.