100 MPH girl group sounds

Apologies if there's been another thread like this but I couldn't find one. Just putting together a memory stick for the car and wanted to get a set of 100mph girl group sounds. Surprisingly I can't put my hands on that many, any recommendations? This was the kind of thing I was thinking of but the faster the better, there a few classics but there must be 100's; any CD recommendations too: 

Social source share

Of all the soul styles girl group soul is probably the genre I know the least about.

as a stomper i think loretta williams "baby cakes" takes some beating but its obviously not a group sound.

maybe end the mix with the superb deep slowie glories "dont dial my number" from the b side of one of their northern tracks.

Edited by Dylan
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

last one from me today, this sounds great in 2019 and is mostly unknown/underplayed? only 9 stock (rarer) copies on Discogs, fast soulful girl sound

Social source share

1 hour ago, Shufflin said:

last one from me today, this sounds great in 2019 and is mostly unknown/underplayed? only 9 stock (rarer) copies on Discogs, fast soulful girl sound

It’s a tried and tested oldie - hammered to death up and down the country in its day - BOTH the Vel Vets AND the Gems

Edited by The Tempest
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
36 minutes ago, The Tempest said:

It’s a tried and tested oldie - hammered to death up and down the country in its day - BOTH the Vel Vets AND the Gems

underplayed now?  times change, a great soundto my ears, also this topic wasnt about being an oldie or not

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

20 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Alice Clark-You Hit Me-Warner Bros might be OK as it’s pretty fast. Richetta Osborn-My Sweet Baby is storming up-tempo. Elsie Strong’s cover of Just Ask Me is really good. Make sure you don’t get caught driving as fast as the sounds you play in the car...

Blimey, that's a good'un.

• Up vote 2
Social source share