Kenb's profile photo

the size of a football pitch !

Freebasing Kenb

Posted

why has everything (area wise) cited in the news or elsewhere become the size of a football pitch? lazy.

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

They need to qualify if they mean 5 a side or full size, meaningless otherwise 😄

soul source url
Posted

Because there are an awful lot of ignorant folk out there that haven't a clue what a hectare or acre are but can instantly relate to a football pitch ... just saying like ... :wicked:

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kenb said:

why has everything (area wise) cited in the news or elsewhere become the size of a football pitch? lazy.

I agree, maybe they should say "approximately the size of a standard large sized football pitch" 

After all they are not all the same size

https://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/are-all-football-pitches-the-same-size/

Edited by Blackpoolsoul

soul source url
Posted

The same as hectares as a measurement. Where's that come from.  What's up with acres ( football pitch size ) 

soul source url
Posted

That's a soccer pitch for our American readers.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

Because there are an awful lot of ignorant folk out there that haven't a clue what a hectare or acre are but can instantly relate to a football pitch ... just saying like ... :wicked:

Right, and also because it gives a better idea of dimensions than say, x hectares/acres.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Or another popular comparison is made against the size of Wales.... 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
25 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

Or another popular comparison is made against the size of Wales.... 

Thought everyone knew  that Wales come in all different sizes from pilots right up to blue 🤣🤣🤣

soul source url
Posted

My own tool of comparison is the size of my a***. Not much comes bigger than that, not even a blue whale.  Solar eclipse on demand. 

soul source url
Posted
Just now, Flamingemeralds said:

My own tool of comparison is the size of my a***. Not much comes bigger than that, not even a blue whale.  Solar eclipse on demand. 

🤣 When I get a strange eclipse in the Manchester skies . You better watch out 😎. I will be there watching through my 500mm wildlife lens. 😁

soul source url
Posted

Well you won't need a Hubble telescope that's for sure! 😂.  

• Up vote 1

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.