Blackpoolsoul's profile photo

Why do people keep starting sentences with so?

Freebasing Blackpoolsoul

Posted

I am really enjoying about the words, sayings, nuances and colloquialism that wind us up and annoy us.  

What about people's little habits that annoy us? 

As muchas I love my 2 sons they both do things that annoy me for no apparent reason.  Here's one for instance. My son  always has to sneeze 3 times when he gets up in the morning each one getting louder and louder.  So if the first one wakes me up  I know that I'll be wide awake by the 3rd lol

• Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
21 minutes ago, Greedy Mick said:

I am really enjoying about the words, sayings, nuances and colloquialism that wind us up and annoy us.  

What about people's little habits that annoy us? 

As muchas I love my 2 sons they both do things that annoy me for no apparent reason.  Here's one for instance. My son  always has to sneeze 3 times when he gets up in the morning each one getting louder and louder.  So if the first one wakes me up  I know that I'll be wide awake by the 3rd lol

Tell him to stop taking snuff just before he goes to bed.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
19 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Of course the best one is our dear Welsh neighbours...

Lovely day...isn't it!

Make a half question half statement, and then emphasise it.

Ed

There's a Welsh Character/comedian (can't remember who) who uses the above fraise and it always makes me laugh, quite endearing.

Then there's the Irish woman who sees her friend standing at the Bus Stop and she says to her,  Is that yourself there now? Has to be spoken in an Irish Accent to appreciate it, Love it   

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Tell him to stop taking snuff just before he goes to bed.

As long as it isn't mine 😁

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
56 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

There's a Welsh Character/comedian (can't remember who) who uses the above fraise and it always makes me laugh, quite endearing.

Then there's the Irish woman who sees her friend standing at the Bus Stop and she says to her,  Is that yourself there now? Has to be spoken in an Irish Accent to appreciate it, Love it   

Rhod Gilbert?

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
16 hours ago, Soulatthedale said:

I must ask, what is a homie?

Add Bro, brethran and blood to the same list.....

I blame youth culture.

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Add Bro, brethran and blood to the same list.....

I blame youth culture.

Yoof culture.................get it right!

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

What about those who say "somethink" or "anythink"... drives me mad I tells ya 😂

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Thank you, thank you, you wonderful people. There was I, thinking I was the only person in the world who is constantly irritated by the way people talk. The language is being destroyed. My list of complaints (off the top of my head):

So . . .

Completely, literally, actually, 

Are you EVEN . . .

Oh my God

Blood, bro

You get me? Jerrnowarrahmeen?

Also, why have people, from no place in particular, started talking in some weird African /Asian /West Indian accent, that comes from nowhere.

They do say that one of the secrets to happiness is to embrace change . . . I'm doomed!

• Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted
On 05/07/2019 at 17:08, John A said:

What about those who say "somethink" or "anythink"... drives me mad I tells ya 😂

Luxury!...........it`s when they utter those words............"Somefink(g)" or "Anyfink(g)"

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Then we have our POSH people who don't say YES they say YA, Oh ya ,ya That's right ya, etc......

And i  HEV just been to see the............ It's HAVE you Posh Twit   

soul source url
Posted

ok topic been going a week or so now

reads like all have had their moans

so topic now closed

soul source url
Guest\