Ace Spectrum Panama press

I doubt it has anything more than novelty value. It seems likely that returning Panamanians  from the USA created a demand.  I attach an image of another strange Panamanian release . Its the Chi-lites  'Oh Girl' b/w 'Have You Seen Her' on Motown.  How that came about is not recorded.

ChilitesPanama.JPG

• Up vote 1
Social source share

There's a few releases by them that are unique to South / Central America.  "Pickup" got released there on a 7" and there's a nice 4 track E.P from Brazil. I'm still hoping to find my favourite by them on a 7", the great "Moving On" from their first album.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Firecrest said:

I doubt it has anything more than novelty value. It seems likely that returning Panamanians  from the USA created a demand.  I attach an image of another strange Panamanian release . Its the Chi-lites  'Oh Girl' b/w 'Have You Seen Her' on Motown.  How that came about is not recorded.

ChilitesPanama.JPG

I got a couple of Chi-lites records both on costa rican Brunswick- white!  also got a Eddie Kendicks on Black Panamanian Tamla

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I've just bought Eddie Kendricks 'Date With the Rain' on Brazilian Motown (...fingers crossed it turns up!).

It dates from '72, unlike the US 7' which was the b-side of 'Born Again' from '76. It was massive in underground New York clubs before that off the LP (released 72) I believe.

So...does that mean the one I've bought is the OV (as in, 'OVO') 7'?😄

Social source share

12 hours ago, Alan T said:

There's a few releases by them that are unique to South / Central America.  "Pickup" got released there on a 7" and there's a nice 4 track E.P from Brazil. I'm still hoping to find my favourite by them on a 7", the great "Moving On" from their first album.

They probably did tours in South America and these came out to coincide..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!