Tomangoes's profile photo

Face recognition technology - good or bad?

Freebasing Tomangoes

Posted

I read in one report our boys in blue's new tech is not that accurate....

8 out of 10 'matches' are incorrect.

Room for improvement then?

It feels like big brother is indeed upon us, but with a failure to correctly recognise who you are rate like this, lots of folks are going to get picked up incorrectly.

Time to wear a balaclava? 

Ed

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
12 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

I read in one report our boys in blue's new tech is not that accurate....

8 out of 10 'matches' are incorrect.

Room for improvement then?

It feels like big brother is indeed upon us, but with a failure to correctly recognise who you are rate like this, lots of folks are going to get picked up incorrectly.

Time to wear a balaclava? 

Ed

It certainly is big brother.  Apparently we have the most surveillance cameras in the world.  What do we need any more for . Bobbies and the rest of the government and establishment are fcuking bent enough already,  

Steve 

soul source url
Posted

We have it in our house ... every time I look in one I recognise the face ... we call them mirrors

I read a story years ago about how scientists said the ability to recognise your own image in a mirror was a sign of intelligence, apparently Dolphins are able to recognise their own image, they are considered extremely intelligent animals.

Steve next time you see a mirror, stand there and say 'that's me Steve Smith that is' ... people may start to think you are intelligent 😜

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
8 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

We have it in our house ... every time I look in one I recognise the face ... we call them mirrors

I read a story years ago about how scientists said the ability to recognise your own image in a mirror was a sign of intelligence, apparently Dolphins are able to recognise their own image, they are considered extremely intelligent animals.

Steve next time you see a mirror, stand there and say 'that's me Steve Smith that is' ... people may start to think you are intelligent 😜

Very good mate.  Only one problem.  I don't have a reflection.   

How do you manage to get the mirrors in your lovely house  to stay on the skirting boards so as they're the right height for you and the lovely Carol 😎.  

Looking forward as always to seeing you both next week mate. 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

I don't really know about face recognition working or not, but signature recognition appears to be very hit and miss. As face recognition is probably more complex, I suppose that needs improvement.

soul source url
Posted (edited)

What if you have twins like I do and one of them gets mistaken for the other?

Edited by Greedy Mick
Spelling
  • Up vote 1

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.