Jazz's profile photo

Cracked record

Freebasing Jazz

Posted (edited)

Probably been asked a thousand times got a cracked record plays perfectly no issues best thing to do regarding crack thanks in advance jazz 

Edited by Jazz

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

If it plays perfectly leave it alone 👍

soul source url
Posted
50 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Probably been asked a thousand times got a cracked record plays perfectly no issues best thing to do regarding crack thanks in advance jazz 

Manships YouTube tip. Align the crack of the record. Smear a small amount of superglue very thinly on to paper. Turn the record on edge and roll lightly across the glue with minimal pressure. The idea is that the glue only just gets into the crack at the edge on the run in groove.  Set aside to dry and this wil hold the crack in place.  Be careful not to get the glue anywhere near the playing surface.

I've tried it and it works.. Just search YouTube for his video.

andy

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Cheers guys the flip is no good was thinking about putting some strong tape on the b side ?

soul source url
Posted

Ive had one for thirty years with just a bit of sellotape on the b side still plays fine,not bothered about the b side so its all good

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
On 07/07/2019 at 06:15, Jazz said:

Cheers guys the flip is no good was thinking about putting some strong tape on the b side ?

I have done this, works like a dream, just be careful if its in a tight record box as well. don't drop it like i did lol. 

-Ben  

soul source url
Posted

this is the video

• Up vote 1

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.