Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Mike's profile photo

weekend weather

Freebasing Mike

 
Posted

looking like a fairly good one here

looking at the hills this weekend

anyone up to anything exciting ?

 

 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Mike. A bad weekends weather is better than a good weeks weather when I'm in work . I will be playing out on Saturday night,  c,mon how long have you known me. Seriously I will be out and about with the camera somewhere Saturday morning.  Early hours Sun will be watching Saturn,  ( weather permitting  ) closer to the earth this weekend and visible to the naked eye. Hopefully will be able to get some photos of its rings. 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
8 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

 Early hours Sun will be watching Saturn,  ( weather permitting  ) closer to the earth this weekend and visible to the naked eye. Hopefully will be able to get some photos of its rings. 

Hi Steve ,

The "closer to Earth / rings visible" hype that seems everywhere this week is from the same school that bigs up every full moon as a "supermoon".

And the visible to the naked eye bit is BS too , it's a naked eye sight at any time , one of the brightest objects in the sky.

Despite being at or near 'opposition' it's still about 1.5 billion km away so you'll need a serious bit of glass up front to catch the rings ( my best effort from a few years back needed my Mak180Pro plus a Barlow lens and a webcam (running to around 5400mm focal length).

It's also very low in the sky at present , even when due south in the sky where it'll be at its highest , so the warm summer night's atmosphere will probably cause havoc with the view (always a bugger knowing those photons have travelled straight and true for 1500,000,000 km only to be jostled about in the last couple of miles of their journey)   

Good luck with the shoot though ... :thumbsup:

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
44 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Hopefully will be able to get some photos of its rings. 

Talking of photos of rings, I've got a colonscopy tomorrow morning.

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Talking of photos of rings, I've got a colonscopy tomorrow morning.

I was going to say something about black holes but I'm a lady, so I won't. 🤫

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
19 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I was going to say something about black holes but I'm a lady, so I won't. 🤫

Considering I haven't had anything to eat since 8 'o' clock this morning, and won't be eating until tomorrow lunchtime, I feel remarkably chilled, despite having just drank 4 pints of industrial drain cleaner.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Talking of photos of rings, I've got a colonscopy tomorrow morning.

Hoping it all goes well for you this morning. I'm thinking you must be feeling a ropey with no fuel in your tank.  Full English straight after the procedure!  Soon be over. 👍

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
12 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Considering I haven't had anything to eat since 8 'o' clock this morning, and won't be eating until tomorrow lunchtime, I feel remarkably chilled, despite having just drank 4 pints of industrial drain cleaner.

Good luck mate and great to catch up with you last Saturday night,  it had been a long time 

Steve 

13 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I was going to say something about black holes but I'm a lady, so I won't. 🤫

🤣🤣🤣

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
28 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Good luck mate and great to catch up with you last Saturday night,  it had been a long time 

Steve 

🤣🤣🤣

Thanks mate, and likewise.  Back home now and just had a fry up.  Shame to hear about the idiots playing up after hours last week, although the new venue sounds promising. 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
43 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Thanks mate, and likewise.  Back home now and just had a fry up.  Shame to hear about the idiots playing up after hours last week, although the new venue sounds promising. 

Glad to hear your ok and home,  fed and watered.  Always get Dick heads wherever you go mate. Looking forward to the new venue myself,  sounds interesting 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Glad to hear you survived the alien invasion. 👽😱📸🏅🏆

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
15 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Glad to hear you survived the alien invasion. 👽😱📸🏅🏆

It took four attempts to find a vein.....

20190714_103510.thumb.jpg.c67ebc07010d4fa0bf27f07c4245e819.jpg

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Forecast all week for us has been for a Sunny Dry & warm weekend, It's currently pi55ing down and the Sky is black as fook.

What other industry is there where you can get your job so completely wrong and still stay employed with the excuse 'It's not an Exact science?'.... 

Edited by Zed1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
8 hours ago, Zed1 said:

Forecast all week for us has been for a Sunny Dry & warm weekend, It's currently pi55ing down and the Sky is black as fook.

What other industry is there where you can get your job so completely wrong and still stay employed with the excuse 'It's not an Exact science?'.... 

Gaz. The idiots at the met office can't even get it right on a daily basis never mind weekly. Spend millions of pounds on technology and God knows how much on salaries.  The snails in the garden are better equipped and more accurate 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

It took four attempts to find a vein.....

20190714_103510.thumb.jpg.c67ebc07010d4fa0bf27f07c4245e819.jpg

Yowch!!!! 🤪 Barbarians!!!!!

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Yowch!!!! 🤪 Barbarians!!!!!

It's when they put the needle in and you can feel they've missed but they insist on wiggling the needle about in the hope of hitting the vein.  I even told the guy he'd missed.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.