monny1916's profile photo

Wimbledon

Freebasing monny1916

Posted

Watching Fed & Rafa wow amazing athletes and tennis players ,, can somebody please explain to me why women deserve to get the same pay as these guys ??

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Because the women are amazing athletes and tennis players and have to do just as much hard work to reach the top so why shouldn't they get the same as the men. The amount paid to top athletes might be too high now but that's another argument.

Rick

soul source url
Posted

So why don't they play 5 set matches?

soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, chatty said:

So why don't they play 5 set matches?

Don't know,ask the Wimbledon management. Some of the other big tournaments play three sets for both men and women and I'm sure the women could easily do five sets. Do they only practice 3/5ths as much as the men?

soul source url
Posted

I don't know how much they practise, but if I  did the same 'job" as a woman who only potentialy did 3/5ths of the 'work' I did for the same pay I would be asking why!

soul source url
Posted

Can anyone explain to me how they justify giving the winners £2,250,000 each ... ?

soul source url
Posted
15 minutes ago, chatty said:

I don't know how much they practise, but if I  did the same 'job" as a woman who only potentialy did 3/5ths of the 'work' I did for the same pay I would be asking why!

OK fair enough, pay the women less as they'd only spend it on shoes, handbags and makeup. !!!!!

soul source url
Posted

It’s 32k to loose in the first round.

one chap had it all taken off him in a fine for not trying.

males in sport probably earn a hell of a lot more for all the sponsors etc and far more people tune in to watch male sport.

there are a few female exceptions but not many

soul source url
Posted
13 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Can anyone explain to me how they justify giving the winners £2,250,000 each ... ?

Last year, the sale of strawberries and cream netted (pardon the pun) £415,000. Christ knows how much the gate receipts are, and the BBC pays somewhere in the region of £60 million of licence payers money for the television rights.

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Steve S 60 said:

....  and the BBC pays somewhere in the region of £60 million of licence payers money for the television rights.

Seriously annoys me when I've had to sit up 'til midnight to catch the Cricket World Cup highlights because Sky overbid everyone to the live coverage rights.

Good news though is that they've agreed to let Ch4 show the final live on Sunday after our concise humiliation of the Aussies yesterday ... :thumbup:

So that's me welded to the tele on Sunday for the duration , cricket , Silverstone GP , Men's final at SW19 , Scottish Open golf and a new series of Poldark.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Seriously annoys me when I've had to sit up 'til midnight to catch the Cricket World Cup highlights because Sky overbid everyone to the live coverage rights.

Good news though is that they've agreed to let Ch4 show the final live on Sunday after our concise humiliation of the Aussies yesterday ... :thumbup:

So that's me welded to the tele on Sunday for the duration , cricket , Silverstone GP , Men's final at SW19 , Scottish Open golf and a new series of Poldark.

Good news about the cricket final on C4.  Just discussing this at walking football this morning.  Hopefully this will give the grass roots game a boost.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

And hopefully an IRISHMAN will lift the trophy 

soul source url
Posted

Along with South Africans ,carrabians ,, and anyone else that is better than home grown

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

It’s 32k to loose in the first round.

one chap had it all taken off him in a fine for not trying.

males in sport probably earn a hell of a lot more for all the sponsors etc and far more people tune in to watch male sport.

there are a few female exceptions but not many

Female beach volleyball.  😎

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
20 hours ago, monny1916 said:

Watching Fed & Rafa wow amazing athletes and tennis players ,, can somebody please explain to me why women deserve to get the same pay as these guys ??

can you explain why they shouldnt...........

soul source url
Posted

Yes just watched the women's final serena just got battered in less time to drive to a niter no skill and no respect in losing 

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, ezzie brown said:

can you explain why they shouldnt...........

How far down the men’s rankings would you have to go to find somebody a top top woman would beat over 5 sets ? How much does that man earn in a year ?

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, monny1916 said:

Yes just watched the women's final serena just got battered in less time to drive to a niter no skill and no respect in losing 

Halap was awesome today returned lots of serenas shots that would have won points against other players.

she has been at the top for ages but her time might now be coming to an end.

she has had the kind of career most sports men and women can only dream about.  Her name is a brand in its own right and rightfully so.

soul source url
Posted
16 hours ago, Dylan said:

How far down the men’s rankings would you have to go to find somebody a top top woman would beat over 5 sets ? How much does that man earn in a year ?

differant game played by people with  differant physical make up ....do male and female opera singers or actors get equal pay ? , politicians even ............. if not, why not.............

soul source url
Posted
19 hours ago, ezzie brown said:

differant game played by people with  differant physical make up ....do male and female opera singers or actors get equal pay ? , politicians even ............. if not, why not.............

Those questions just open the question up hugely and thats a whole differemt topic.

There are men and women who do the same job as other men or women who dont earn as much.

Regarding sport I think the main reasons will be down to sponsorship, tv rights etc and the amount of money other people can make from male sport.  It's got a far bigger audience and there is far more money involved in male sport for all involved.  Wether thats right of wrong is whole different question.

soul source url
Posted

It is only the Grand Slams where the men play best of five set matches. It is far too simplistic to suggest that because the men have to 'work' longer at these events that the prize money should be superior to women. Using that argument for athletics for example one would expect Mo Farrah to have been paid considerably more than Usain Bolt.

Like most sports, the money paid to its stars far exceeds their actual worth. Perhaps the Men's prize money should have been reduced to match the Ladies rather than vice versa but I would rather the performers received the lions share of TV rights and sponsorship than the Blazers of the LTA who continue to fail to get the annual windfall of Wimbledon profits fairly distributed at grass roots level of the sport.  

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.