Porgy & Monarchs, Ready Willing & Able, Future Force +++

George M

Please email ruralconcourse@yahoo.com to reserve. Grading: M- / VG++ / VG+ / VG / VG- / G  (VG++ is the same as EX in UK Record Collector terms). Postal prices are £3 UK recorded / £7.50 UK special delivery / £5 airmail to Europe / £6 rest of the world / £11 tracked & signed service outside the UK.

Thanks,
George

Street Players “Ain’t No Doubt” (Ariola) M- £25
Top notch, muscular two step; can easily hold its own in the club against higher tempos and other power steppers. Highly recommended.

Ready, Willing & Able “Trouble / Take It” (Bennett) VG+ £125
Uptempo funky soul from Detroit. Seems little known, but is surely ripe for spins. (Very, very slight dish not affecting play)

Future Force “Reincarnation” (Big Deal) VG++ £75
Spacey modern dancer. (Picture sleeve is just about VG+ with light wear/creasing and a very faint sticker mark at top right. Radio station letters on labels, and small strip on discoloration on “Reincarnation” label)

Spread Love Remix / Gazillian Rhyme Remix” (Bozo Meko) VG+ £100
Rare 7” pressing of these 45 King club hammers.

Jimmy Lomax & The Vows “Come On Home / Remember Me” (Cab) VG/VG+ £75
Uptempo 60s funky soul with two drum breaks, and a tremendous deep soul flip. (Relatively clean, but a slightly hissy pressing, similar to the last copy I had three or four years back. Very faint pencil on one label – I didn’t notice it until grading)

Neal Brown “If By Chance / She’s A Fine Woman” (Chart Sound) VG++ £40
Northern A side, crossover flip. 

Leroy Hutson “Never Know What You Can Do / In The Mood” (Curtom) VG+/VG £30
One of his best. Issue-only vinyl copy.  (Has some wear, but “Never Know” plays well. Flip plays with a touch of noise.)

Stanley Ivory “Gotto See My Baby” (Dellita) VG+ £175
Tremendous 70s beat ballad from DC, with stepping tendencies. Surely his best. (Slight dish not affecting play, and needs to be played with a light needle otherwise it skips forward a rotation at one point - last time I listed this I had multiple orders at £250)

Frankie Beverly’s Raw Soul “Color Blind / Mother Nature’s Been Good To Us” (Gregar) M- £75
Excellent funk song, which stands up for current spins. Eco-ballad flip. (Promo copy; comes with lyric sheet insert. Ballad side closer to VG++)

Coach House Rhythm Section “No Such Thing (Inst.)” (Ice) VG+ £35
Soaring islands-disco-funk on UK Ice.

Cissy Houston “Nothing Can Stop Me” (Janus) M- £35
Absolutely stunning ballad - essential. (Looks unplayed)

Oliver Christian “Frankie’s Got It / Too Many Nites” (Legrand) VG £25
Pysch-y funky soul, celebrating the legendary Norfolk record store, with breaks in the breakdown. (Plays great on uptempo side, but has styrene distortion on ballad side. xol)

Third Creation “Puppet On A Chain / Part 2” (Madhatter) VG++ £250
Fantastic funky soul from Chicago – Part 2, which finally dissolves into a break, is a total killer although some may prefer the A side. (Reduced from last list)

100 Years Time “Woman Of Soul / Put Your Hand In Your Mind” (Merrecca Music) strong VG to VG+ £150
Little-known funky soul dancer for the upfront DJs, with nice psych funk flip. Has only surfaced a handful of times over the years. (Yellow label variation. Flip is VG. Reduced from last list)

David Gage “Second Chance” (One-Way) VG++ £40
Dark funky soul – remains underrated.

The Trells “Bad Weather / I’m Sorry” (Port City) VG++ £30
Nice falsetto ballad, with uptempo funky northern-type flip.

Doc Oliver “Are You Ready-I’m Ready (Sing About Love) / Part 2” (Rock City) VG++ £50
Oddball 70s funk from Little Rock. Only seems to have surfaced recently. Part 2 hits more to me, although both sides are engrossing if you can appreciate the whacked out vocals.

The Five Voices of Reggie Milner “Do You Want To Have A Love? / Instrumental” (Ron’s) VG++ £150
Phenomenal falsetto ballad from Detroit, with a woozy hip-hop style version on the other side.

Jim White & The Motor City Orchestra “Free Style / I’ll Play The Fool” (Setting Sun) VG+ £20
Disco-funk with a modern dancer on the flip, both based on the same groove.

Dandelion Wine “Hot Dog” (Sussex) M- £75
Classic funk: Theo-Coff in Meters mode, with big drum breaks. (Close to M- with company sleeve)

Porgy & The Monarchs “That’s My Girl / The Girl And The Boy” (Sylves) VG++ £100
Excellent 60s double sider. (Light green label Chess-distributed variant. Has a tiny chip from label at centre, likely a cut-out hole. A slight touch of haze to playing surface on A side)

Turning Point “Got To Get Up – Git Out / Deeper In Love” (Turning Point) VG/VG- £60
Smashing Texas boogie/modern, with sweet flip. (Lots of marks but plays great on dancer side, a few tics on ballad side but still plays well. Signature on labels)

The Dependables “Out In The Streets Again / It’s Incomplete” (Vestpocket) VG++ £25
70s dancers.

Theatrics “We Got A Love / I Got Cha (Where I Want You)” (VR) VG++ £35
Gorgeous 70s soul/ballad with a beat. (Close to M-)

Julius Thomas “I Gotta Change My Ways / Part 2” (Wild) M- £15
Killer sweet soul, the second version being my favourite. (Looks unplayed)

Leon Austin “Give Me A Chance To Make You Feel Brand New” (Windchime) £30
Moody midtempo funky soul. (Biro signature & X’s on each side)

Edited by George M
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source