Teddy Pendergrass, 'More I Get The More I Want'

Joesoap

I heard this excellent and very well-known track played at a do last night. Fairly sure I've got one but can't be arsed trawling through all the boxes in storage. So I had a look on Discogs and sellers want silly money on a 7 (around 50 quid mark) for a record that must have done very well at the time.  It's on the b-side of 'Whole Town's Laughing At Me' - one of his best known and most popular records. 

Why so expensive? Am I missing something here?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

54 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

The strange world of Northern Soul, Didn't want 'em, wouldn't play 'em when they were new releases now want 'em years later because they ARE getting played, and paying through the nose for them, Good job some of us weren't Snobs, you couldn't write this stuff, Or Could You ? 🤣

Agreed Rick and what was this that happened ?

Teddy A.jpg

Teddy B.jpg

Social source share

10 hours ago, DaveNPete said:

It's on the Paradise Garage mix CDs, David Morales mixes and gets played by the likes of Horse Meat Disco so we're not necessarily the driver for its demand.

Dx

I collect that stuff too. It's been played since a new release in New York, etc and on the jazz/ funk / boogie scene in UK. There's various releases on 12 available plus the LP so I don't think they are driving sudden demand for the 7...

Social source share

On 23/07/2019 at 08:31, Andykempster said:

You can pick up the LP for under£15, is this the same take as the single?

No. Longer on the LP. Also there have been various 12s over the years with a longer take. The LP comes up in London charity shops quite often for less than that, too.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts
On 25/07/2019 at 02:37, JoeSoap said:

This version is quite hard to get on the other hand..

Got a rerelease flip of BillBrandon Fell in love while dancing. Two stunning sides !!

Social source share

The one I posted is a disco mix released to djs on a promo 12" only. Quite hard to get. I believe all the subsequent reissues /boots of it have got the LP version which is good but not as good / sought-after.

Edited by JoeSoap
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!