These ever get a legit release?

Simon T

With original studio tapes,  etc being found, did any of these ever get a legit and decent quality release?

Deon Jackson - someday the sun will shine ( 1 7" Atlantic acetate?)

Bill Brandon - space age lover (1 test press LP?)

Carlena Williams - soulful drop in the bucket (or was that just a cover up?)

Allan Harris - love is the answer (1 acetate of LP?)

Nurons - all of my life    alt mix to released 7"

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

56 minutes ago, Speedlimit said:

Deon Jackson is a 10' acetate Carl fortnum.. There's also another unissued track by him " the power of love" same as the esquires on wand. But slightly faster and better production  Imho 

7” Atlantic acetate

Social source share

36 minutes ago, Chalky said:

7” Atlantic acetate

It was a 7” ... Nigel Parker called in to see me the day he purchased it from Martin Koppel via Tim ... he’d been over to collect a few things ... Magnetics (Bonnie) being one ... he didn’t pay a lot for it as it was in pretty poor shape at the time ... lots of snap, crackle and pop ... I’m thinking it was £50 ... as we know it now lives happily with Mr Fortnum

Andy

Social source share

49 minutes ago, Andy Rix said:

It was a 7” ... Nigel Parker called in to see me the day he purchased it from Martin Koppel via Tim ... he’d been over to collect a few things ... Magnetics (Bonnie) being one ... he didn’t pay a lot for it as it was in pretty poor shape at the time ... lots of snap, crackle and pop ... I’m thinking it was £50 ... as we know it now lives happily with Mr Fortnum

Andy

Nigel , paid £400 for it , a little bit more than £ 50 . 

Social source share

2 hours ago, pumpkinseed said:

Nigel , paid £400 for it , a little bit more than £ 50 . 

Indeed ... I’m sure he said £50 ... so that is quite a lot more than I recall him saying .. I’ve never been good at numbers unlesss they begin with TMG or ZTSC

Thank you for clarifying the situation

.... and as an aside lovely to see you on Saturday at the wedding do

Andy

Social source share

18 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

Andy

I was working at Anglo at the time , so on my way home one night i called in at Cleckheaton to drop off the package for Nige, Like Andy says the Magnetics was in there , i think the second copy of Danny Moore - Allrite but for the life of me i can't remember the other titles ( Carl probably will ) maybe Nomads ,  i think 4 in all ,they were from Kopps collection. The Deon Jackson came a short time after that ( i think ) It was certainly £400 and I'm  glad it stays with Carl - the only one who can play it !

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, pumpkinseed said:

Yes Andy you are correct about " Deon Jackson " that wasn't in original consignment it came later . Nigel had ...

MAGNETICS / DANNY MOORE demo / SOULETTES / THE TEMPTONES / MIKE AND RAY & two others which have slipped my mind .......... 

My memory is failing me ... should I be worried ?

I taped all of the 45s Nigel got that day ... if I find it I’ll be able to list the lot ... obviously got confused about exactly what he got on which day

Andy

Social source share

3 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

My memory is failing me ... should I be worried ?

I taped all of the 45s Nigel got that day ... if I find it I’ll be able to list the lot ... obviously got confused about exactly what he got on which day

Andy

Perhaps only if the words 'My memory is failing me' don't mean anything to you?

Was his Inticers bought in that purchase?

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!