Just A Thought

Would it or would it not be a good idea if someone in the music business  put out a Series on CD or Vinyl Albums, or maybe 7"  would be nice too of the Best of the Download Only tracks Aimed at the Modern soul Scene over the years, (A Bonafide Record Label/ Company)  not the usual RnB type thing but the BIG and Most Popular Tracks that have not up to now made it to vinyl and still download only, and if you like the idea, What would be YOUR Favourite tracks to be included. "Food For Thought".   As there has been some great tracks that instils a Mad Dash for the Dance Floor.

Rick.

Edited by Rick Scott
some more info added
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Can do one of cd tracks & downloads

Feeling You - Aly

Two Bad Habits - Angie Stone

Soul Stepping - Will Downing

Stairway To Heaven - Randy Roberts & Richard Burton

Running From Myself - Zack Able

I Got To Party - Soulutions

Smile - Neo

Aint Leaving Without You - Jahiem

Ascension - Maxwell

Share My Love - R Kelly (controversial inclusion but was massive)

Oh oh and Future Teller - Joe 👍

Edited by Richard
Social source share

Volume 2

Outta Love - Omar

Like Sugar - Chaka Khan

Just In Case - Jaheim

I Blame You - Maysa

Missing You - Artful & Ridney ft Terri Walker

Its Your World - Jennifer Hudson

Days Like This - Sean Escoffery

Happy - Pharrell Williams

My Body - Luther Vandross & Louie Vega

Plus the one below

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Rick Woollons said:

Also came out on a 12

Can you direct me please to this 12" you mention as it has to be the album version which for some strange reason never surfaced other than on the CD, as far as I was aware, and the other mixes are rubbish, I think Rick will agree :)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Rick;

I have a hard drive with just short of 2000 MP3's, my very good friend the late Steve Jackson had nearly double that, there are some stunning tracks out there , the choice would be over whelming, Im finding on average 20-40 every week, it would need to be someone who has already embraced the medium and sees it for what it is.

I good start would be Kevin Burt "Thankyou", started life as an MP3 and 4 months later the cd arrived.

BG

• Up vote 3
Social source share

14 hours ago, Shufflin said:

got that on vinyl 🙂

Yea, Same here, was on the one of the Soul Togetherness LP/CD releases and as 'The Gouch' above Commented there have been Many Great tunes in the Download only Camp, Whilst the Big interest at the moment is mainly 'Un-Released Alt Takes on old tunes or just tracks that remain unreleased and Retro new releases most of which i could take or leave. The Download Only tracks remain just that but for the odd few that make it onto the yearly type compilations, but not always the better tracks of what there is out there, I thank you for your replies Guys, very much appreciated, Rick

Social source share

On 27/07/2019 at 20:03, Mick Holdsworth said:

I think Neo is on 12"

I bought a 7" White label of "Share My Love" R. Kelly at a Gig back in 2017, Don't know who was be hind them but still on sale on "Discogs" and Jaheim I bought off Fish back in 2001 on US Import 12" and as John Benson Quoted loads of them up there.

Rick 

Social source share

On 27/07/2019 at 18:13, Blackpoolsoul said:

All Blue....Prisoner...Not download but CD only Rick, please don't tell me off :)

I’ve got a 12” Of that Blackpoolsoul ,great record 

On 27/07/2019 at 13:42, Rick Scott said:

Would it or would it not be a good idea if someone in the music business  put out a Series on CD or Vinyl Albums, or maybe 7"  would be nice too of the Best of the Download Only tracks Aimed at the Modern soul Scene over the years, (A Bonafide Record Label/ Company)  not the usual RnB type thing but the BIG and Most Popular Tracks that have not up to now made it to vinyl and still download only, and if you like the idea, What would be YOUR Favourite tracks to be included. "Food For Thought".   As there has been some great tracks that instils a Mad Dash for the Dance Floor.

Rick.

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Sutty said:

The Prisoner album mix is only on a cd single 

https://www.discogs.com/All-Blue-Prisoner/release/1702805

all the 12s are housed up remixes and probably not what you’re looking for I’d guess,

cheers Sutty

I thought the same thing and saw that there were 2 CDs 1 And 2 And wondered which one of them would i need to purchase to obtain the Best version.

Cheers, Rick 

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 30/07/2019 at 10:59, Rick Scott said:

Yea, Same here, was on the one of the Soul Togetherness LP/CD releases and as 'The Gouch' above Commented there have been Many Great tunes in the Download only Camp, Whilst the Big interest at the moment is mainly 'Un-Released Alt Takes on old tunes or just tracks that remain unreleased and Retro new releases most of which i could take or leave. The Download Only tracks remain just that but for the odd few that make it onto the yearly type compilations, but not always the better tracks of what there is out there, I thank you for your replies Guys, very much appreciated, Rick

also got the original CD's for both albums, got them from Japan

still buy modern soul on CD

Social source share

1 hour ago, Eddie Hubbard said:

I like this Masters At Work main mix ,Rick , it’s a double pack 12” .I hadn’t heard the album mix that Sutty mentioned .Nice as well in a mellow way .Cheers Eddie 

I have always loved those 2 boys ....however what they did to the RADIO EDIT version was just sadly not good enough (too much Todd Terry influence IMHO), it's too fast

They were basically Latin boys and should have stuck too it :) buy the CD and weep in your cornflakes

Social source share

• 9 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!