Twoshoes profile photo

John Cooper Clarke, The Luckiest Guy Alive

Freebasing Twoshoes

Posted

I can't remember the thread ,it was some time ago but John Cooper Clarke became a hot topic within the thread, I know there were several fans of Dr Clarke on that thread ,I have been a long time fan myself and an avid collector of poetry books so I was quite surprised last Sunday to see in my local Waterstones that John Cooper Clarke has had a new book out since last October, The Luckiest Guy Alive, I remember some of the poems from seeing him live earlier last year, only half way through but he's lost none of his wit and verve. If like me you missed it check it out it's a cracker.

• Up vote 3

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

yep there was a lot of love for him

here's the topic

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted (edited)

His recent appearance on Desert Island Discs is well worth a listen if you get chance. (Can’t do the link thing sorry)

His luxury item: “a boulder of opium twice the size of my own head ... ... who’s law would I be breaking?” 

Simply the best.

Edited by PhilT
  • Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Saw him a few weeks ago in Hanley at the Victoria Hall, he was superb.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jim Elliott said:

Saw him a few weeks ago in Hanley at the Victoria Hall, he was superb.

Lucky you Jim,

Would love to see him live, Just love him, caught him on a TV Show many decades ago and was hooked!

Oddly  enough was listening to a show of his this morning John cooper (In Control) 1 Of 3,  11am To 12 on Radio 4Extra show caseing his favourite comedy stars/Shows and influences going back to Music Hall in the 1950s, it was very interesting and Dr. John has lost none of his Charm, Repeated today at 9pm tonight i believe and more to come for the next few Wednesdays although you will be able to catch up with these and other shows he has done on the BBC Player.

And a Big Thank You To Mike For Linking the thread up again as was really surprised at the interest in my Topic on The Wonderful Dr. John Cooper Clarke "Mad Man Or Sheer Genius"  

Edited by Rick Scott
predicted text ballsed it up

soul source url
Posted

Like a Night Club in the morning, you're the bitter end

can see why this resonates 😉

unnamed.jpg

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

He was a regular at the Twisted Wheel back in the sixties talks fondly always about the British Northern Soul Scene .A very talented man ! 

• Up vote 1

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.