News: Top $ Ebay Auction Highs - July 2019

Mike

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Tony Clarke.  Wrong Man.$799 . The world really has gone mad.

that one stuck out for me too, flippin eck

Social source share

19 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Tony Clarke.  Wrong Man.$799 . The world really has gone mad.  Why do I get suprised every time these lists get posted 

Steve 

A similar really nice condition WDJ went for £1000 on discogs, so this price doesn't surprise me, even taking into account the WDJ is more common than the stock issue. It's been a guaranteed floor filler for a long time, 20 years maybe? so the demand has outstripped supply a long time back, 60-150 seemed to be the price for a while, but once it crossed over from the rare scene to mainstream venues it doubled overnight and then kept climbing in price as more prospective DJ's decided they wanted it for their local clubs, as is often the way once rare scene tunes reach that tipping point.
It's the Jessie Davis I'm surprised at. To be honest I didn't see it or I'd have bid on it. I think that's bargain of this list, although I remember trying to buy Esther Grant many years ago and being told the seller didn't want to sell to me as he'd had an offer of £8000. I don't know if the sale went through, but I never got it 😞

Quite a few on this list I don't know, which seems to be happening more and more lately

• Up vote 1
Social source share

31 minutes ago, purist said:

A similar really nice condition WDJ went for £1000 on discogs, so this price doesn't surprise me, even taking into account the WDJ is more common than the stock issue. It's been a guaranteed floor filler for a long time, 20 years maybe? so the demand has outstripped supply a long time back, 60-150 seemed to be the price for a while, but once it crossed over from the rare scene to mainstream venues it doubled overnight and then kept climbing in price as more prospective DJ's decided they wanted it for their local clubs, as is often the way once rare scene tunes reach that tipping point.
It's the Jessie Davis I'm surprised at. To be honest I didn't see it or I'd have bid on it. I think that's bargain of this list, although I remember trying to buy Esther Grant many years ago and being told the seller didn't want to sell to me as he'd had an offer of £8000. I don't know if the sale went through, but I never got it 😞

Quite a few on this list I don't know, which seems to be happening more and more lately

Bought my white demo along with a Esther Phillips.  Nobody but you white demo as unknown records for £30 for the two. 

Steve 

Social source share

1 hour ago, purist said:

Is it only me that thinks this deserves a well earned rest of a year or five ?

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Dave Pinch said:

and what about that kals kids on vernon..surely a promo card wouldnt make it go 4 time the price its ever gone for..inspirations was also cheap lol..considering how rare it is

It will be interesting to see what else the seller got on that find.

how many copies of inspirations are we up to now ?

Social source share

Just now, Chalky said:

6.  There was just 4 known copies for one 40 years.   Now another two in the last few months.  This latest one in great nick though, wonder if he has anymore?  

It was in lovely condition.

Amazing these records are still turning up.  After all this time.

Social source share

1 hour ago, dobber said:

whilst £6800 is a lot of dough for any record,i honestly thought inspirations would get past the 10k mark?

Agreed...thought it would go through the roof...out of my league but at today's prices maybe a steal in that condition...surely no one has found a small batch of them????...Rob

Social source share

12 hours ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Agreed...thought it would go through the roof...out of my league but at today's prices maybe a steal in that condition...surely no one has found a small batch of them????...Rob

Well the two that have turned up this year the condition of both was very different, this one in what seems to be far better nick although the previous one plays fine, loud and clear etc.  I would imagine there are 19 more from a 25 count box out there.  Joey Jefferson told Neil Rushton he had 25 but only shows him one.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 03/08/2019 at 18:53, dobber said:

whilst £6800 is a lot of dough for any record,i honestly thought inspirations would get past the 10k mark?

probably not the dancefloor destoyer that eddie parker and job opening are.. tho much rarer and imo a much better record than those two will ever be

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!