Soulhock profile photo

Trainer's for dancing

Freebasing Soulhock

Posted

As shoes and my knee are no longer compatable.   Asking for recommendations of a good cushioned shoe or trainer for the old man 😃

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

adidas samba

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Adidas samba there you go you ' ve got a pair 

soul source url
Posted

Mind rubber soles are dangerous to your ligaments

soul source url
Posted

Adidas city series look good but the prices continue to rise and the quality continues to reduce.

handball spezial are a nice clean looking trainer.

soul source url
Posted

Try crocs better than trainers and more colourful 

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

I Have the same problem.Would much prefere to dance in brogues but Ankle is Knackered and feet arches so have to use trainers.It is a problem getting a sole that is not too grippy but Addidas seem the best

soul source url
Posted

adidas in action, rumour has it they will transform your dancing as soon a you put some on, fine example below

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
38 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

adidas in action, rumour has it they will transform your dancing as soon a you put some on, fine example below.

Fine if you are in a 'talc-allowed' venue like that , but in a 'talc-free' zone as most are these days you'll soon do yourself a mischief wearing trainers that are built for grip ... :thumbsup: 

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Shufflin said:

adidas in action, rumour has it they will transform your dancing as soon a you put some on, fine example below

Looks like they're both trying to stamp out a camp fire. The girl in the spotted blouse behind them though, now she can dance. 

As for trainers vs brogues, I agree that trainers have far too much grip for today's talc-free zones. Never saw ANYONE wearing them to dance in back in "the olden days". If you have issues with knees, ankles, hips, and especially fallen arches/metatarsalgia, then use good quality orthotic insoles with metatarsal raises in normal leather soled shoes. Trust me, they make all the difference! 

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted
Just now, Joey said:

The girl in the spotted blouse behind them though, now she can dance.

exactly, agree 100%, it was a tongue in cheek post with almost everyone in frame in adidas trainers?

ah well

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Simple answer . Dont get old😋, im still 18 in my head, 😁and whatever  age I want off it. 😎

Steve 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
22 hours ago, Soulhock said:

As shoes and my knee are no longer compatable.   Asking for recommendations of a good cushioned shoe or trainer for the old man 😃

Adidas samba look good feel good

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
48 minutes ago, Joey said:

The girl in the spotted blouse behind them though, now she can dance. 

Yes, she is an excellent dancer but the other people around also have really nice moves

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Check out Vionic shoes - I have a pair of their trainers as they are superbly cushioned for walking but I would not go dancing in them. I also wear Church’s Leytons and Stratfords that have nicely cushioned heels - again, I would not dance in them as they are a bit clumpy. I have bad knees like most of us on here, but the footwear I’ve mentioned is great for gammy knee sufferers.

Now for the dancing tips. Leather brogues or soft rubber Rockports with all the tread worn smooth. Slip them on. Hit the venue. Tell yourself you’ve given up dancing. Three or four pints of strong lager and an irresistible tune then you’re ripping up the floor before you know it.

Much depends on how you dance and the sort of tunes you want to dance too. The on-the-spot side to side shuffle with more ankle than knee action could be just the solution - lots of hip shimmying and arm action to help the illusion of motion along. Oh, and ask the DJ’s to play beat ballads all evening.

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

Trainers for dancing? REALLY?..... you are having a laugh. How far off the track we have gone for even considering Trainers.

Shoes only, a  decent brogue type leather soles fine but may be a bit tough on your ankles and instep so try to find a good man made sole with no grip patterns or the like.

Failing that add a good cushion insole and wear cushion foot sport socks ie white tennis type. Oh and just to complete the set up use a sports ankle strap (the one that goes on to your foot and the wraps around the ankle with Velcro fastener)

Works fine for me, still pounding the floor to the 100mph stuff and now into my 60s, so providing you are still reasonably agile should be fine for you too.

Please please  PLEASE ……. leave the trainers to the wannabe`s  LoL😉

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
18 hours ago, Shufflin said:

The lady in black is well known on the scene and is a very good dancer.

soul source url
Posted

You could try Dr Martins shoes (they do some with thinner soles) , very comfortable/cushioned sole and surprisingly ok on a half decent dancefloor.

• Up vote 2

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.