Another carver gone for silly money

14 minutes ago, Chalky said:

stupidity

Same seller who had the Four Pros carver someone mentioned on Rare Soul Talk, Dave Rimmers thread. I think that went for a daft price as well.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

He states that these are 1970's who booted them ? was it Mr Soussan ?

70s boot my arse, you can see where he has cut the label and the labels on each side are different colours, unless that is the effect of the light. 

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

3 hours ago, Speedlimit said:

Danny Woods was never booted in the 70s. Like chalky says can see labels been glued on. More fool the people buying them. There's enough information on originals and boots out there now. So no excuse for the ridiculous prices 

Ah, but it could be a ‘one-off’. Expect this to be sold on and mis-described taking in some unwary collector. eBay should not be selling genuine-fakes like this.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

26 minutes ago, Spook said:

Only 3 bidding, could have been shill but all three had over 1000 +ve Feedbacks, 

so you would have thought they knew what they were buying. 

Don't kid yourself, this site is great enough for some discussions, but for "Legal Reasons" we can't discuss particular sellers on other sites who are doing this and no one reports them and they get away with it and IMHO (and others) will always do so and a lot of youngsters are buying records (just like I did when I was a kid) and not having a clue what they are buying. The law will only tend to chase the sellers with big operations as to them it's not worth it.

Social source share

11 minutes ago, Johnny Jones said:

Had to tell a mate to steer clear of him last week, he was going to bid on a '70s Boot' Kurt Harris. Think that went for well over a ton. Unbelievable 😵

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORTHERN-SOUL-KURT-HARRIS-EMPEROR-OF-MY-BABY-039-S-HEART-DIAMOND-PROMO-/312722222373?hash=item48cfb26d25%3Ag%3AR1kAAOSw6ZBdRdjU&nma=true&si=U%2BmSgWq8FRCadm4hEhdFyf6lbzo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

No offence intended but can't your mate read? He clearly states they are not originals. Obviously this blokes a bit of a chancer and is taking advantage of some dumb people with more money than sense but at least he's not trying to blatantly rip off... Levine's counterfeits from the other year spring to mind here.

Social source share

14 minutes ago, John A said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORTHERN-SOUL-KURT-HARRIS-EMPEROR-OF-MY-BABY-039-S-HEART-DIAMOND-PROMO-/312722222373?hash=item48cfb26d25%3Ag%3AR1kAAOSw6ZBdRdjU&nma=true&si=U%2BmSgWq8FRCadm4hEhdFyf6lbzo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

No offence intended but can't your mate read? He clearly states they are not originals. Obviously this blokes a bit of a chancer and is taking advantage of some dumb people with more money than sense but at least he's not trying to blatantly rip off... Levine's counterfeits from the other year spring to mind here.

It would be great if Soul Source had  a "Bootleg/Repro/Counterfeit" forum so we everyone could list and image (with differences) as many as we can to avoid this happening (that's why Manship produced his guide) but I doubt it will happen for "Legal Reasons"

• Up vote 2
Social source share

46 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Don't kid yourself, this site is great enough for some discussions, but for "Legal Reasons" we can't discuss particular sellers on other sites who are doing this and no one reports them and they get away with it and IMHO (and others) will always do so and a lot of youngsters are buying records (just like I did when I was a kid) and not having a clue what they are buying. The law will only tend to chase the sellers with big operations as to them it's not worth it.

What legal reasons?  I will name them if they are selling boots.

I’ve reported dozens selling carvers etc but ebay are of the mind to leave alone until a lawyer gets in touch as they are making money. 

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

52 minutes ago, Johnny Jones said:

Had to tell a mate to steer clear of him last week, he was going to bid on a '70s Boot' Kurt Harris. Think that went for well over a ton. Unbelievable 😵

Wasn‘t even discovered till the 80s and you can see it has been badly cut around the inner and outer label.   As said yer mate needs to start and read the description.

Anyone know who this seller is, PM me if you don’t wish to say and I’ll say who it is. 

Social source share

25 minutes ago, Chalky said:

What legal reasons?  I will name them if they are selling boots.

I’ve reported dozens selling carvers etc but ebay are of the mind to leave alone until a lawyer gets in touch as they are making money. 

I completely agree, as usual, I thought it was Mike that said we couldn't name and shame on other threads, I wish Fiona Bruce would move on from pictures on "Fake or Fortune" and do records (be a great watch me thinks)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

37 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Wasn‘t even discovered till the 80s and you can see it has been badly cut around the inner and outer label.   As said yer mate needs to start and read the description.

He's only been on the record collecting side of things a couple of years, the folks that are bidding on these obviously haven't got mates like us to give them the heads up. 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I completely agree, as usual, I thought it was Mike that said we couldn't name and shame on other threads, I wish Fiona Bruce would move on from pictures on "Fake or Fortune" and do records (be a great watch me thinks)

I think you're referring to a post/s where you were accusing people of illegal activities without any proof and I asked you to stop

the sites guidelines follow normal uk legal stuff, if its factual etc then there shouldn't be any problem

Social source share

On 13/08/2019 at 17:22, Blackpoolsoul said:

Yes watching Fiona Bruce is always interesting, oh and the records would be an extra !

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!