John kojak harvey soul convention blackpool 1975

Gordon1

Can anyone help me in respect of the cancelled soul convention at norbrek castle hotel blackpool.

Did anyone ever get any money back and looked through old forums and old blues and soul mags for information 

Met kojak on numerous occassions and always seemed committed but following the convention a whole new side of him became apparant soul man or user ???

Notice someone commented om here he was still doing yate until early 77 but i thought following the norbreck fiasco in dec 75 he struggled to work northern .any info appreciated

I know he lost a lot of friends godin and co who championed his venture but apparantly he sent a letter to inter city soul members but neither godin or me got one 

Thanks in anticipation 

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

5 hours ago, Zoomsoulblue said:

Am sure Kojak was involved with the inter city soul club mid 70ts ? - I was at Bisley Allnighter back in 75/76 he was deffo djing then - I never heard about the Blackpool issues - no internet , no mobile , north / south - different times 

You will no doubt have read this article

https://www.soulfulhorwich.org.uk/godinbs171.html

• Up vote 1
Social source share

thank you ,yes the event was scheduled for Dec 1975 .it was cancelled at last minute due to kojaks admittance to hospital.a lot of nastinessvwent on and people lost a lot of money in ticket prices around 30 pounds.very few got money back and the artists all.were cancelled not by kojak but by godin etc etc at this point everything was in good faith.but then a few other things came to light.

blues and soul in.godins column covered most of it but last mention was around Feb mar 76 when.kojak.i.believe sent a few.letters out with his version

I never.recievef.one and.neither did.godin.so.i.believe the letters were like the.proverbial rocking horse....

thanks.for your.help still trying to find if anyone can.help with.any.more info

I was just a.little surprised to learn.from earlier contrnuter he was syll djinh in 77 because by then.inter city had folded 

etc

Social source share

15 hours ago, gordon1 said:

can't remember burton.i live nearby and attended 76 club.drill hall the one whete the technics shop is and at  some point clowns around this time but thank you for your help.

Still have the poster for the Drill Hall all nighter 

Social source share

Wow now that is cool .must have been a cheap looking effort compared to todays lavish attempts .wished id have knicked one now ...could you give me a date for that please also a scan if possoble to take a look .that wpuld be brilliant 

Cretaforme@googlemail.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!