RECORDS with ATMOSPHERE

You walked in and it hit you...that atmosphere...you know it's going to be a good night...because the tune you heard says it all...for me one such night..and tune....was Fred Hughes-Dont let me down...that was a long time ago..can't even remember where it was now..anybody else had an atmospheric tune hit them like that?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I remember arriving at the King's Hall, Stoke, around 2005.  I'd made my own way there because of an earlier engagement and arrived at around midnight to meet the "crew".  I walked across the car park, you know what it's like, you can hear the feint thud of the beat of the music that gets louder as you approach and your heart beat starts to quicken with excitement.  I paid, walked towards the doors, hauled them open and Unsatisfied by Lou Johnson was booming out over that huge ceiling. The floor was packed, a sea of bouncing heads, a steamy haze above and the feeling was pure exhilaration.  I remember that experience vividly to this day.  😊

Social source share

hands up if you keep thinking of russ abbott every time you see this topic updated 

records with atmosphere  ? how about one from the early 2000s best around 3am the  'shes wanted' instrumental rough and raw  sparse 

Edited by Mike
spelling etc
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Only one for me I have listened to top DJ's all over the country, heard the rarest of the rare heard every soul Genre (and god have I heard some sounds) but there's still one track no matter how many times I hear it no matter where I am that still makes my toes tingle, even after all the years I've been hitting the dance floor, that's the MVP's "Turnin' My Heartbeat Up" (True Atmosphere) 

Kirsty

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!